Chapter 18- i'm so glad that we are a team

"No no no no no," I mutter loud enough for Cayson to hear and keep walking in circles still in my makeup room, all dressed up for the show.

"It's fine Venus, it's totally fine. Just don't be nervous," Cayson says as he walks towards me and I sigh deeply.

"That is the problem Cayson. I can't. I can't not be nervous because I am terrified right now," I say as I look away at the stage where the people are hosting.

"It'll be fine Venus, trust me," he says and I close my eyes shut.

"I don't think I can do this," I say and look at the ground.

"You can do it Venus, I believe you," he starts and gently pulls my chin up to face him. "Look at me."

I do as he says and look at his green eyes which are pierced to mine. "Venus, you're seriously the bravest girl I know. You mess with teachers, you stand up for what you believe in. If you're not scared of doing that then how can you be scared of singing?"

I sigh deeply and keep looking into his mesmerizing eyes. He comes a little closer to me and we stand close to each other.

"Cayson, everyone can sing. But in front of a huge crowd? I can't," I say.

"If you don't feel comfortable with performing live on a stage then we don't have to perform tonight," he starts, taking me off guard.

"What?" I mumble and he nods.

"It's not a big deal," he says and I scoff.

"Cayson this performance means the world to you," I say and he just smile, faintly.

"I mean if you're not comfortable with it then I don't want to be a part of it. We can book it maybe when you're ready. Anyways, I don't think I'm ready either," he makes up an excuse and I sigh.

"No," I exclaim. "You're not gonna let this show slip, okay? I don't want you losing your chance at singing because of me."

"It won't be because of you, I have a reason not to perform too," he says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Really, and what's that?" I ask and he stutters.

"I uh- I'm- uh- I'm not- ready...?" He replies, more like asks.

"You'd leave this performance because of my stupidness?" I ask and he slowly nods. "No."

"Look Venus, I have signed a contract with you and i can't be singing without your consent," he replies.

"I'm giving you the right to sing without me Cayson, go," I say but he doesn't budge.

"It's either with you or nothing at all," he simply says and I sigh.

I look at him who has been excited for this since a week but now he won't sing because of me.

I can't let that happen.

I have to get over my fear of stage fright.

"You have stage fright?" He asks and I realize I speaker my mind around him.

I nod in response and he holds onto my hand, tightly. "What happened?"

"I- In- in fifth grade we had this school play and I was performing in it as one of the main leads. Anyways, I was ready with my lines and just ready to perform. But then—" I start as I remember the horrifying memory of that night.

I start breathing heavily and he slowly take me to the chair and I take a seat on it. "It's okay."

"But then- when I started performing, Ma- Max pulled some strings and poured this icy cold water on me and threw flour on me. It caused a huge scene in front of everyone and they didn't like my performance," I tell him, still scared of that night and remember it as if it was just last night.