Chapter 28- maybe this once

Laughing and smiling, Kate and Chris jump into the back of the Jeep while Ian drives and I sit in the front. Violet and Tyler want to be the ones distributing foods and beverages so they sit in the back seats. Whilst Kate and Chris want some privacy and they are sitting all the way in the back where there is no hood.

We are going on a road trip, apparently skipping school for couple of days.

Now that they know about my problems, they are kind of helping me avoid Cayson. As far as I know, Kate still doesn't seem to agree with me but she is cool for now.

"Best road trip ever," violet shouts and Tyler also cheers.

"Anyone wants some drinks?" Tyler asks and as I'm about to ask for one, he interjects. "And by anyone I do not mean you Vee nor do I mean Ian. I simply do not wish to die today."

I make a face and turn the other way. "Water for milady," Tyler says as he hands me a water bottle.

I pop open the cap of the water bottle and hydrate myself by almost drinking almost the whole water bottle.

"Easy there Venus, you okay?" Ian asks, looking at the road and back at me then back at the road.

"Keep your eyes glued to road Ian and as for I, I'm fine," I reply back as I move his head from me to the road.

He smiles to himself and doesn't look back towards me. I shake my head and smile as I turn the radio on.

"Hey, by the way, Cayson is asking for you. Where's your phone?" Kate starts from all the way back.

"Turned off and in my bag. Tell him I'm not in the mood," I reply back.

Kate sighs. "She said she's not in the mood."

I quickly look back and find her talking on the phone. I thought she was texting.

Shit.

"He says he needs to talk to you," Kate tells me.

I sigh and look at Ian whose smile is nowhere to be seen. I look back at Kate and extend my arm as she puts the phone into my hand.

"Hello?"

"Thank god stavish, you okay?"

"Yup, perfect in one piece. What do you need?"

"I need to know when we could go on another date?"

I scoff and roll my eyes. "If that is what was so important then—"

"—kidding. I wanted to tell you that a famous producer found our work very appealing to him. He wants to set up a meeting and sign us a music contract."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"You're joking."

"Trust me stavish, I say this in all seriousness. I don't know how he appeared out of the blues but he did. And he wants to sign us."

"That- that is great news."

"Unfortunately, he wants to set up this meeting tonight."

I sigh. "Where and what time?"

"Albany at seven."

"That's perfect. I left for Albany and I will be there before seven for sure."