Chapter 27- what are we having, an intervention?

Suddenly someone knocks really hard on my bedroom door and I gasp as I wake up and quickly sit on my bed.

I moan and look at the time and notice that it's three in the morning.

Who the fuck is banging on my door?

I groan as I hear the banging on my door once more, quite harder this time.

I sigh and slowly get up and start walking towards my door which is literally a million feet away from my bed.

As I'm walking, I finally reach the door, it feels like I just walked a whole marathon.

Someone bangs on the door, harder this time and I make a face and groan. I am going to kill Maria, my mom's assistant whose job is apparently to take care of me and not to knock on my door at three in the morning.

I open the door slowly as I close my eyes and yawn. "Holy fucking lord Maria, what do—"

I open my eyes and stop mid-sentence as I notice that it's not Maria at my bedroom door but my friends.

"Seriously?" I groan as I turn around and start walking to my bed.

"Venus, we need to talk," Kate starts and I scoff as I lay down on my bed and look at them who are currently standing across me.

"You didn't have to bring everyone just to talk to me," I reply back.

"They want to talk too."

"Actually, I think you also want to talk," Ian says.

"I don't want to. So if that's what you guys are here for then I'd like for you guys to leave because I want to sleep."

Maybe that will get them away from me.

"Why are you behaving this way Vee?" Ian asks, almost heartbroken by how I have been behaving.

"This isn't you and we know it," violet adds after a while.

"Guess it is me now," I reply back.

There is a moment of silence.

A pause.

"Vee, tell us what's wrong," Kate starts.

"You've been acting strange for last couple of days," Chris follows.

"This is not you Vee and we know it," Tyler says.

"We are here for you," Ian adds, softly.

"We want to help you Vee," violet also adds.

"What are we having here, an intervention about my behavior?" I ask.

"No. We are here because you have been acting strange. We want you to tell us what's wrong," Ian says in his usual soft voice and I sit up.

I look at them and sigh. I don't want to hurt you Ian but I will have to if I want you guys to hate me.

"Look Ian, I get that you guys think that way but maybe this is me," I say with a stern face. "You don't understand."

"Then make me understand," he says as he walks over to my bed and sits across me.

It's not that easy Ian.

He takes my hand and holds onto it. He looks up and his dark brown eyes meet my hazel ones. My body relaxes and face softens when I look into his eyes.

For a second I forget about all of my life problems and just sit there, looking into his eyes.

He was always the one who could pull me away from my depression. They all know he's the only one who could do it so it's an advantage for them.