Chapter 65- something like that

"We were about to come to you guys," Chris says and mom smiles at me.

"We might have a way to save her," Cayson starts and they all listen to him. "I remember you talking about a blood transfusion where you will drain out all her blood and give her new blood."

The doctor nods with a small smile. "Which is why I am here. I wanted Venus to know the risks and side effects of this."

I slowly nod and she walks towards me and continues. "The side effects of a blood transfusion include back pain, dark urine, chills, fainting or dizziness, fever, flank pain, skin flushing, shortness of breath, and itching

I nod, looking at everyone who are intently listening to the doctor speaking who is looking at me.

"What about the risks of the transfusion?" Cayson asks before anyone else could've.

"The risks are quite serious and life threatening such as acute kidney failure, anemia, lung problems, or shock, a condition that results from lack of adequate blood flow," she says and everyone's eyes literally pop out of their sockets.

"This is too serious," mom shakes her head and mommy puts her hand on her shoulder.

"Yes, but we will examine the blood closely and keep track of everything, decreasing the risk of transfusion infection by a lot," the doctor says and I nod.

"This procedure should take at least 4-6 hours because you blood will be drained out as you get new blood. A nurse will be watching you closely for any infections and I will be right by your side."

If it's my only chance to live then I might as well take it. Even if the risks are life threatening. The cancer will kill me if we don't treat it anyways.

"Do you want this transfusion?" The doctor asks slowly and everyone's eyes shoot in my direction.

Maybe if I take one risk, it might be able to save my life. Should I take the risk, or should I not?

It might work.

Maybe I should just have faith.

I need to have faith in myself to keep fighting with everything I have got. So, the cancer could leave my body forever.

"Now is your best chance because you don't have many cancerous cells left in your body. If we do this now, it could most definitely work before the cells start growing again," she says and I nod.

I take my mask off my face a little. "Maybe... I... can... give... it a... try," I slowly say and the doctor smiles.

"Try?" Mommy asks. "This is life or death Venus."

"Yeah, Olive is right," mom says. "We could even lose you from this."

"Yeah," daddy also agrees with them. "I'd rather spend six months with you, rather than doing this transfusion and lose you forever."

"But... I... might... live," my voice so raspy jay I couldn't even believe that I was talking. "I... can't... live... like... this... for... six... months.."

"But Venus—" Dad starts but I shake my head sideways, not agreeing with him on this.

I look at the doctor, putting the mask back on, I slowly put my hand on my throat and she gets what I meant to say.

"When we placed all the tubes down her throat, there is a big possibility that it is hurting her. She isn't able to talk freely without oxygen because we had to make a hole in her throat. She is trying to say that she hates being plugged to all these machines."