Chapter 25- you can't fight your destiny

The smell of antiseptics broke into the waiting room when the door of emergency room opened.

Tell me why I imagined the hospital setting to be like grey's?

Well, my fault because this is nothing like the grey's anatomy. This hospital seems more hectic as patients are being escorted in gurneys to their respected doctors.

I look at the door which is now opened and another patient is escorted inside in a gurney. Suddenly a doctor runs towards him and starts talking to the paramedics about her patient.

I don't know why but all I can notice is that she stands out.

Her hair, the same shade of brown as mine and her curls falling down from her ponytail just as they do mine. Also, she has bangs.

I notice that her bangs on the right side are sticking up a little just like mine do when I don't straighten them.

I internally roll my eyes at the slightly middle aged woman whose physical features are quite similar to mine.

She doesn't seem familiar but there is so much similarity between us.

I sigh and look away as she takes the patient into the emergency room and the door closes.

After sitting for a while, it's finally 4:30.

As I decide to stand up and walk over to the register's desk, my phone starts ringing. I sigh deeply as I read the name of the caller on my screen.

It's Cayson.

"Hello?"

"Hey Stavish, what up?"

"What do you want Cayson?"

I hear someone whispering on the other end and he clears his throat.

"I uh- where are you?"

"Tell my friends not to worry about me, I'll be fine on my own. And if that's the reason you called, I already answered. I need to go, bye."

I cut the call.

I know that was Kate whispering to Cayson. Today, it was hard to say harsh things to them but I had to.

When I went to my classes, I have almost all of them in all my classes so it was hard to ignore them. Instead, I said mean things to them about things and they did seem pissed.

I don't know why they aren't giving up on saving me. I can't be saved.

I sigh.

"Excuse me? I have an appointment with the neurologist," I say.

The lady at the register types something on her keyboard. "Yes, Ms. Stavish?"

"Yes."

She hands me a paper and pen. "I'd like for you to fill this paper up and then we can get you to your doctor."

___

She takes me to see the neurologist. I slowly open the door and notice the doctor sitting on a chair, with his back facing me.

I knock on the door as a sign of formality and he stands up and turns around.

"Dr. Williams?" I ask and he nods.

"Come on in," he suggests and I walk into his room and sit on the chair across his table. "What is it that troubles you?"

"I'm having tremors, I think they are normal but I never had them before and now suddenly they started. So, I am rather concerned," I say and he writes down something in his small book.

"For that, I need to examine some things," he starts and gets up. "Shall we?"

___

"I'm sorry to tell you this Ms. Stavish but you have got essential tremors. It is nothing very serious but you need to take care of yourself. I talked to your older sister and she told me that I could tell you everything about it and you will tell her about it when you talk."

"Yes."

"Well, what you need to do is try and relax. Don't think about anything that gets you in any way, especially mentally. It will grow worse. I have prescribed some medicines which will help slow the tremors and slowly they will fade away. All I need you to do, is take care of yourself."

He stands up and hands me a note which is apparently the prescription of my medications.

"Thank you so much Dr. Williams," I say and leave his room.

As I walk outside, I stumble upon someone and the note falls out of my hand. I look up to find the same doctor who attended the patient earlier.

She bends down and picks up my note as she is handing it to me, she looks at it.

"Tremors?" She asks and I notice that she has an accent.

She doesn't seem like she is from New York. She has a British accent which is quite strong after hearing just one word.

"Yeah," I smile.

She smiles. "Just take this prescription and try to stay away from mental pain."

"Dr. Williams said the same thing," I say.

"I have had tremors in my teenage years too," she says. "They aren't the best thing but you could reduce it by a lot in just one month."

"How did you get over them?" I ask as we start walking to the elevator.

"Family support," she smiles and we walk into an elevator.

I think about it and realize that I don't have that thing out of everything else.

"Too bad I don't have one," I mutter under my breath.

She looks at me with a concern on her face. "I'm sorry."

"Oh no. They aren't dead. I mean I don't know if they are as they abandoned me," I say.

For a second she doesn't react in any way and is lost in thought. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in.

It seemed like she knew how it felt. I wanted to ask her about it so bad but couldn't because I don't really know her. I don't know why but I feel like we have known each other for a long time.

"I'm sorry, it just reminds me of something," she says.

"Were you also abandoned?" I just couldn't stay curious for long.

"No," she replies.

I sigh and look away.

"I abandoned my own daughter," she adds and I turn to look at her. I see a glimpse of guilt on her face.

"I'm sorry for asking but why would you?" I ask.

"I know I shouldn't have but back then, I thought I didn't have a choice. I couldn't be a student whilst being a mother too. Which is why I gave her away," she says, tears visible in both of her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I say as we walk out of the elevator.

"Don't be dear, it's not your fault. I just want to tell you that maybe your mother had a good reason to give you away too. Sometimes you can't fight your destiny," she adds.

Everything she says is deep and connecting to my life in so many ways.

"Thank you," I say and start walking to the door.

"Hey, if you ever have any questions about the tremors, just call me," she stops me and hands me her card.

I take it and smile. "Thank you for your help and I surely will."

___

Hey there wattpaders!

Do you guys also wonder, as much as I, about this new doctor that Venus was talking to?

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. Also, comment and share!