Chapter 9- new york's own beyoncé

"How did it go?" Tyler asks as he pours some drink in my glass.

"Well, I told him off and tried my hardest to not create a scene. Also, I kind of lost my chance to sing and play keyboards," I reply back as I take a sip of my drink.

I look around and see that everyone is having a blast. They are talking, laughing, drinking and having fun.

"Just make things right with him I guess. It can be your huge break," Ian says dryly as Tyler pours his favorite bourbon into his glass.

I scoff and just chuckle dryly. "What you're suggesting basically is apologizing to that little shit."

"Yeah," he says in a duh tone.

"She has never apologized for anything to anyone. What makes him so different?" Tyler replies for me and I throw a smile at him.

"I mean you could put your ego to the side and make an exemption this time," Ian continues.

I look at him, trying to examine him. He doesn't give into his emotions easily and always has a stern face, like he does now.

I tilt my head sideways and continue. "Did someone piss in your bourbon tonight?"

He chokes on his bourbon and others chuckle around me. "Why are you being so negative about this?" I ask and wait for him to answer.

Then I remember something I did quite some time back. "Don't tell me you're still mad at me for ruining your pretty little house in 5th grade and not apologizing for it."

He doesn't respond and looks into space as if he's spacing out. I look at Kate and back at him who tries hard to cover his embarrassed face.

"Are you serious?" I almost exclaim and chuckle. "Aww Ian, you're so cute. I mean you knew me, you should never expect me to apologize."

His face flushed as if someone just asked him to bang them. I make him face me by cupping his cheeks in my hands.

"I'm sorry Ian, is that any better?" I ask and his frown quickly turns into a smile revealing his dimples and perfect set of teeth.

I let go of his cheeks and take a sip of my drink while he just looked at me with a small smile on his face. I flash a big smile to which he just chuckled and looked away.

"Well, anyways I'm not apologizing to him so if he wants something he can come to me and apologize I guess," I tell Tyler and he starts to think of something.

"I have an idea," Tyler almost shouts about his half-cooked plan in his head.

"I already don't like the sound of it," I reply back and laugh as Kate and others join me.

"Whatever Vee, you'll love it," he says and I continue listening to him.

"Alright, I'm all ears," I tell him as all of us listen to what he has to say.

"As this is violet's party why don't we spice it up a little and do a talent show thing where everyone shows off their own talents and Vee can sing," Tyler suggests and we give him a are-you-stupid look.

"That is your plan? How is that gonna help me get my big break?" I ask and Tyler rolls his eyes.

"I didn't quite finish my sentence there, did I?" Tyler asks and I shut my mouth to listen to him.

"So, what I was saying is that when you sing in front of everyone then that photographer dude will definitely listen to your beautiful voice and maybe he'll also consider taking you in," Tyler suggest and I think about it.