Chapter 58- make up for lost times

Home.

I haven't been home for three years now. Nothing has changed.

My mom unlocks the door of the house and pushes it, revealing the furniture covered in while cloths.

The smell of a vacant house kicks in and I just close my eyes and smile. "Welcome home Venus," mom says and I smile, looking back at my mommy who's with Aurora.

"Come on in sweetie," Dad says and smiles at me.

I take a step inside and breath in the scent. A video of my friends and I first came to my house plays in my head continuously, as if it's real. Another one about when mom and dad first took me in and Macy was so excited to see me.

Instead of seeing everyone else sitting on the sofa, waiting for me, I see hallucinations about my past. I smile knowing how long I have come.

"Venus," a soft voice mumbles and he pulls his hand out.

I look to the side a notice Ian standing next to me with his hand extended, waiting for me to sit on the couch with others.

I slowly take his hand and he walks me to my favorite place of the couch and sits down next to me.

"You shouldn't have done this," daddy, Richard, says and Dad nods.

"I'm still mad," dad, says and I flash a soft smile.

"Dad, you have to understand. If I stayed there, all they would do is more chemo and it already made me bald once. I'd like to die with at least some hair on my head," I mutter and their eyes pop out.

"Venus," everyone says in unison in a warning tone.

"Fine, I won't say anything about dying because then it would be ironic. Anyways, can we go to Paris already? You guys literally pulled us out of those camps," I whine.

"Those camps aren't a good environment for you to stay in right now. You could go after I get the lab results," Mommy, Olive, says.

I roll my eyes and stay there as they all talk about the treatment options. Suddenly a doctor comes in and claims that he has been summoned. Very well, of course mom and mommy would've called her.

I fake a smile and we leave for the hospital.

___

After doing millions of blood tests, we finally sit in the waiting room, for the results to show up.

"Isn't there any other way that this could be approached? Maybe surgery?" Mommy asks in a defeating tone.

I feel bad. All of this concern because I'm sick. My parents haven't been sleeping well ever since three years. They always came to check up on me— every hour, different person— to check on me and to see that I am still breathing.

Now that my friends know, they are all studying the books and web. They are studying! They don't even do that to pass a class yet they are doing it for me.

I have seriously got to stop dragging everyone into my mess. Only Cayson is left, he's still in the dark and I intend to keep it that way.

"Oh," Kate exclaims and they walk up to the doctor, all while pointing to the book. "A stem cell transplant."

The doctor nods in consideration and looks at me. "I have considered this too but she will receive intense treatments, such as high doses of chemo and radiation, for this to work," she answers.