Chapter 63- snatched away from me

I slowly open my eyes to notice myself laying down on the hospital bed. I look around and find all the little machines that I am hooked up with.

Suddenly my eyes travel down to my sides and I can't feel my right hand. I try to move it but something has kept it captive in its cage, something as hard as a rock yet as soft as a feather.

I smile as I notice Cayson holding onto my hand tightly, as is he's keeping me captured, keeping me from running away again. I slowly slide my thumb against his palm with a smile on my lips.

This is the best thing to wake up to.

Cayson laying next to me with our fingers intertwined with each other. His head rests on the side of the bed where there is a little place. I slowly pull a small pillow from behind me, put it near his head and slowly move his head onto it.

"Mm," he groans against my hand and grabs it even tighter than before.

Knowing that he is by my side is so satisfying and pleasing. Now, at least I know that he isn't with the quacking duck! Seeing them together just made my blood boil in anger and my heart breaking into pieces.

Using Liam to hurt Cayson wasn't such a bright idea either but I had to do it so Cayson wouldn't suspect or ask me anything.

I had to break his heart to save him from all of this. All of these hospital visits he has been having and will be having.

A small smile appears on Cayson's lips and I smile to myself. He looks so cute when he's sleeping! It's so peaceful and calm.

Suddenly a pain shoots down my chest, into my stomach down to my legs. I groan against the bed and take deep breaths. Oh god! The throbbing pain continues getting worse and I have no other option than to press the red button to call for assistance.

I look to the door, waiting for my family, friends or a doctor to walk inside but nobody came.

"Ah," A soft whimper escapes my lips as the pain worsens against my chest. I feel a deep and hot burn inside my chest, and it doesn't get any better by seconds.

"Venus," suddenly Cayson's head shoots up in my direction and he sits straight, pulling his chair closer to me. "Venus, are you okay?"

I groan, trying to bite back all the pain the chest burn was causing me. "No," I whisper.

Not a moment later, Cayson runs out of the room and seconds later walks in with the doctors, and my family.

Everyone gathers around me, leaving the left side for the doctors go check me. She takes out her stethoscope and examines me as the other one looks at all the machines which I am hooked to.

"Venus, what do you feel?" The doctor asks me and I shake my head, groaning in pain.

"Burn," I mumble softly but nobody seemed to catch what I said.

"What?"

"It burns," I reply back, almost as a whisper. "Everything burns."

Suddenly I start feeling the burn traveling up my throat and dark clouds covering my eyes. There is a lot of movement in front of my eyes but I couldn't pay too much attention to that.