Chapter 17- i almost cost my dad the whole show

"I texted you but you didn't reply and I thought you went to sleep," he explains.

"Isn't that what you wanted since morning, for me to go to sleep?" I ask and he nods. "Then?"

"I also wanted you to drink this," he says as he hands me a water bottle full of a yellow water.

"I didn't text you back so you're going to make me drink pee?" I ask and give the water bottle back to him and make a disgusting face.

"It's a medicinal drink which helps with the fever," he replies back as he hands me the water bottle back.

"Oh really, What makes you think that I will drink it? What if you mixed something in it?" I ask and push the water bottle back to him.

"Look, it's good for your health," he says, pushing the water bottle to me.

"Then why don't you take a sip of it first, for me?" I say and push the water bottle to him.

He doesn't reply for a moment and I scoff. "That's what I thought you little shit."

He opens the water bottle and takes a sip of it and gulps it down and starts coughing hysterically. I quickly take the water bottle from him and look at him.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he doesn't respond. He just keeps coughing. "Did you add some sort of poison in there? Seriously if you're dying, tell the gods that it will take a lot more than you to take Venus Stavish out of this world."

He stops coughing and looks at me. "It's not poison, it's just disgusting."

"What, your face? Because I couldn't agree more," I reply back.

"It's this medicinal drink that's disgusting. It's got ginger in it," he makes a disgusted face and continues. "Also black pepper and other things which will make your fever go away."

"Ginger? Eww," I groan and make a face. "Not a big fan of ginger. I'm not drinking this."

"C'mon, you have to drink this or else your fever can get worse and affect our show tomorrow," he says and I look up at him who's looking on the ground.

"Oh, that is what this is about," I say and he slowly starts to look up at me. "Don't worry, my fever won't affect our show tomorrow."

"How are you so sure?" He asks, almost sounding concerned about me.

"I have the pills," I mutter under my breath, like a whisper.

"What?" He asks and I look at him.

"This has happened to me before. Don't worry, nothing will happen to the show tomorrow."

"Leave the show out of this," he says.

"You dragged it into our conversation," I reply back.

"Just think about your health. Are you sure it's nothing? You were very hot that day and that seemed like the worst it could get," he starts.

"I'll be fine."

He doesn't seem too convinced.