Chapter 62- not even for one moment

"No, I cannot agree to this," mom exclaims and I shook my head and face away from her. "Venus."

I don't respond to her.

"Venus," her voice like a soft whisper, but I stick to my words and don't face her.

"Venus, please you have to understand," she starts, making me face her but my eyes looking at everyone but her. "You have just gotten better, letting you go to Paris will be a big mistake."

"Mom, I'm getting better but god forbid if anything were to happen to me at anytime, my last wish wouldn't be fulfilled," I explain and she squeezes my hand, sighing.

"You know me. I will go whether you like it or not but I'm just letting you guys know. I want you to be okay with it so I wouldn't feel bad about going there," I say and she smiles.

"Of course. I just... letting you go doesn't sound like the best thing to do," she sighs, facing mommy and she nods.

"I agree with her Venus, you also have to take care of your health," Mommy speaks slowly.

"We will be there with her," Ian assures both of my moms and I throw him a thank-you look.

"And we will not leave her side," Cayson smiles, slowly squeezing mommy's hand.

His eyes find mine and he stops talking. His eyes bore into mine and a smile appears on his lips. "Not even for one moment."

"He's right Mrs Justice, Mrs Chivalry. We won't let anything happen to her, nothing," Tyler says, slowly holding onto violet who smiles at him and nods.

There is a moment of silence and I wait for their answer.

They look at each other, I see a nod and they sigh, turning back to face me. "Fine, but we are coming too," mommy says and I nod in return.

"Well, uh- there is no space in our private plane anymore. But, I could arrange another one for you guys," Cayson offers but Mr chivalry interjects.

"Oh no need, I already have it arranged," He says and everyone gives him a confusing stare.

"How do you already have it arranged Chase?" Mommy asks and he smiles at her.

"I know you Olive. If Venus is going then you would also offer to go with her, most likely. So, I already had it pre-booked," he smiles and mommy smiles warmly at him.

I hear a soft 'I love you,' exchange happening with both of them which makes my heart swell. They both are so cute.

"Ayy Paris, we are coming for you," Tyler jumps onto the bed and I chuckle.

"Even though we are three years late, we are still coming," Chris chuckles and I nod.

___

"Hey, I need to check Venus's wound, mind stepping out for a moment Cayson?" The doctor walks into the room and Cayson nods.

"I'll be right outside," he pecks my lips and leaves.

There is a smile on my face which will not go away for a while now. It has been weeks since my transplant and ever since I have had Cayson back, he hasn't left my side for once.

Whenever my parents and friends leave, he comes and stays with me. He hasn't made me feel alone here ever since he knew about me.

I look at the doctor who has a concerned smile on her face, while she checks the monitor. Her smile doesn't grow deeper, instead it is removed from her face.

"What's the matter?" I ask, still keeping a small smile on my face as I see Cayson, outside the door.

"I-" she starts but stops when she realizes that the door is open. Slowly, she walks to the door, closes it, then walks back to me.

"Venus, I'm concerned about your health and am afraid that—" a concerned and soft voice says.

"—don't say what I think you're about to say," I interject and she sighs.

"It's important for me to let you know Venus," she says and I hold onto my bedsheets, slowly closing my eyes. "that your treatment has stopped working. The cancer cells have started spreading in your blood once again. The speed of these cells are unbelievably fast."

I keep my eyes closed shut because I can't listen to this anymore. Everything was just fine a moment ago. How can I not be okay the next?

"I'm afraid that your trip to Paris will be quite bad for you and your health," she slowly says and my eyes open.

I could feel everything inside of me literally burn in anger. God can't do this to me. What about my family? My friends? Cayson? I can't just leave them alone here.

I don't know what to do.

"Also, we can't continue the treatment because it's not effective anymore," she says and I sigh. "So, I'd advise you to tell your family and friends before it's too late. Paris is definitely not a good idea anymore."

I sigh and she waits for my response.

"I can't tell them now. They are very happy," I whisper and she nods.

"They will find out anyways," she says. "You will start feeling very weak once again, maybe burning sensation could take over. Your blood pressure could drop and so can your stats."

"Oh god," I whimper and a tear escapes my eyes before I let it.

"I will not tell them until they should know about it. They are happy right now, and I want to let them be happy. Anything can happen in Paris but I'm sure that they will fall apart. I can't do this to them," I say, looking the other way.

"Well, you are an adult now and I can't go against your wishes but I would like to advise you to take care of yourself," she says and I nod.

"When can I be discharged?" I ask and I don't hear her say anything behind me. I turn around slowly and she stands there, her head shook.

"You can't—" she starts but I sigh, making her stop. "Just one more week Venus, and you will be discharged to go to Paris."

___

Oh no!

Her cancer is back. What do you think will happen now?

Venus' life is just getting more and more complicated by each second.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen!

I love you guys!