Chapter 48- hell of a creative mind

After sticking needles in my back, we walk back into her office. "The tests should come soon, until then just relax," she says and I nod.

I haven't let go of Mrs. Chivalry's hand ever since we left for the tests. I don't think I can do this without her.

I take a deep breath. "Until then, could you answer some questions?" Dr. Helton asks and I nod in response.

"Anything," I reply back.

"Have you had any fever for the past month or so?" She asks and I nod.

"I was sick couple of months ago but I got better, or so I thought. I kept getting sick after that time and it's not like cold sick, it's like I throw up, my head feels heavy, I feel weak, I almost faint," I answer back and she writes down something on her notebook.

"Your red blood cells are quite low and white blood cells are rising, it is not a good sign but I wouldn't put my finger on anything right now," she says and I look at Mrs. Chivalry who nods and I smile weakly.

I can't, I know I can't. I have yet to take care of Macy and mom. Also, I just found my biological parents, I want to get to know them. What will my friends do without me? What about Cayson? No.

"Have you?" She asks breaking my trance.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Bruises?" she asks and I stop.

Oh god. I don't know if I want to let Mrs. Chivalry see any of this. She was sad enough when she found out that I had a drug problem and tremors, the last thing she needs is this.

I shake my head and Dr. Helton's brows narrow in question. "Venus, I need you to be completely and utterly truthful. This is a really important matter for you," she says, knowing that I am not being completely honest.

"I- I-" I start but can't seem to find the right words to tell her so instead I roll my sleeves up which reveals big red marks and their eyes literally pop out.

"Oh god," Mrs. Chivalry shudders and I hold onto her tightly.

"Do they hurt?" She asks and I slowly nod. "Don't worry about anything Venus, I will make sure to get to the bottom of this, okay?"

"Okay," I whisper and she turns to Mr. Helton.

"Dan, how do you know her?" She asks.

"She's a student of mine, in anatomy," he replies back and she smiles before turning her attention towards Mrs. Chivalry.

"And Olive, what about you?" She asks and Mrs. Chivalry moves.

She turns and looks at me while my eyes are lowered to the ground, not wanting this nightmare to be true.

"She's- she's my- she's my daughter," she says which shocked Mr. Helton whom I hear gasp. "My first daughter whom I- whom I-"

"Whom you found," I whisper to her. "Don't think of me as your daughter whom you abandoned, look at me as whom you finally found after these many years."

She puts her hand on my cheek and I close my eyes at her motherly touch and love. "But, I thought Mrs. Justice was your-" he stops and I turn to face him.

"I haven't had an entirely easy childhood Mr. Helton," I reply and his face falls. The realization of all the times my parents didn't show up in parent meeting, how my last name doesn't match my mothers, how I am always in a cranky mood when being asked about my family.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes, and I am shocked.

This is the same Mr. Helton who loved to torture me in his class. "It's fine, you can still hate me."