Chapter 60- years in just one moment

Cayson's POV

It has been almost two hours since they took Venus away for her transplant. Kate and others filled me in on her case and I know quite much about her cancer now. 

This transplant has to help her. I can't lose her again. I won't be able to live with it if something were to happen to her.

We all sit down in the waiting room, waiting to be informed about her. There is silence, complete and utter silence.

Her biological parents are sitting with Chase and Aurora whereas her adoptive parents are walking back and forth. Kate, Chris and Ian are reading something from the books while violet is resting on the chair.

All while I am standing right outside the room, waiting for the doctor to walk out. She takes her gloves and apron off and walks towards the door.

I take a step back, waiting.

Suddenly the door opens and she walks out with a small smile on her face. Everyone rushes to the doctor, waiting to be answered to.

"How is she?" Her mom asks.

"She is fine, her cells have been dropped a lot by chemo and radiation. This transplant will kill every last one of the cancer cell," she smiles and I take a deep sigh of relief. So she will be fine.

"But..." She starts, fidgeting with her fingers.

"But? But what?" Olive asks.

"Her hair are gone. I know she was too conscious about her hair but we had no other option," she answers.

"You scared me for a moment there," Richard breathes out and I nod, agreeing with him.

"That's all?" Mrs. Justice asks.

The doctor shook her head and continues. "I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. Her cancer has spread everywhere but this transplant has been very helpful."

"Oh."

"But, there is a great chance that she will be fine," she smiles and we nod in return.

"She will be taken to her room and we will check up on her every hour. Also, you will be able to see her after she is conscious," the doctor says and we all nod in return.

Thank god she is okay. Maybe, this treatment will show its magic. I have always believed in magic just as I believed in one true love. Why do I sound like a mad person who's deeply in love? Maybe I have always wanted one person to spend my entire life with, and I found that person: it's Venus.

Thank god she is safe.

Even when she told me that she didn't care about me, it hurt me. The pain was so insufferable when she left me, when I saw her with Liam. My heart aches every time I see her hurt. I can't hurt her, nor can I see her hurt.

She is everything to me. I can't live without her. She makes me become a better person that I used to be. I was a snobby rich kid before I met her, but after we met, all I have seen is how different she is. She wasn't friends with me because of my money, but me.

It makes me sad knowing that for three years she was fighting cancer alone, and when she came back all of us were angry at her. I feel bad that she had to go through it without my support.

"Let's eat something?" Kate asks and everyone nods in return.

___

I stayed back, in case Venus woke up and wanted to see me. I have been walking back and forth from her door to the chair, waiting for her to wake up.