Chapter 70- i bid adieu to my problems

Hey guys, I changed the cover for the book. What do you think of it now? Please comment your thoughts!

Btw this is the longest chapter I have ever written because it's the last chapter.

Anyways, happy reading!

___

Chapter 70- i bid adieu to my problems

"No, the cancer is gone. It is completely out of your system and is never coming back," she replies back.

I sigh back in relief.

She stops.

Oh, there's more.

"And there's a but," I reply back and she slowly nods her head.

"There is," she says.

"Well?" I ask and she pats my shoulder lightly. "Just throw it at me already."

"When you had your cancer, it affected your body largely. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause side effects as well as long-term and late effects, which can appear months or years after treatment. One possible late effect is infertility, the inability to conceive a child naturally," she explains and everything around me stops.

I pause.

I don't know what to do or say.

The cancer will never leave me, will it? Even after it's gone, it's haunting me and my family.

"So, you're basically saying that I can't reproduce?" I ask her but she doesn't answer. "Is that a yes or a no?"

"Chemotherapy can affect a woman's fertility by stopping the ovaries from producing eggs. You have had extensive chemo and radiation, so I highly doubt that you can get pregnant. But, you maybe have symptoms of menopause," she answers back and it breaks my heart into millions of pieces.

I can't comprehend.

I can't move.

I can't even blink.

I just stand there looking at her, who's concerned about me. She slowly sits me down on the chair and sits next to me.

"I know this is too much to take in, but I told you about all the aftereffects of your surgeries, chemo and radiation when we did your blood transfusion. You thought you wouldn't make it, but here you are."

I slowly turn to face her, my face as hard as a stone. I open my mouth but nothing comes out of it.

"But... but the stick," I tell her and she shook her head.

"It could be false at times, but we could get you a test just in case," she tells me and I nod slowly. "Venus, infertility is very hard to cope with. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here."

"Thank you," I try and smile at her.

She gets up and leads me to a room to check if I am pregnant or not.

___

I unlock my house and walk inside, waiting to hear about my pregnancy. She said she will all me as soon as she get the results.

Today started out so happy. When I realized that I didn't get my periods for half a month, I thought I was pregnant. The stick confirmed my belief but then my belief was shattered.

Suddenly my phone rings and I quickly pick it up to have my heart broken once again. She told me that the stick was wrong, and I am not pregnant.

No!