Chapter 39- there is always a choice

I quickly run inside my house as soon as Mrs. Chivalry left.

Oh god.

"Venus, I need to talk to you," mom says as she's sitting on the couch with a magazine, waiting for me to arrive.

"Not right now mom," I mutter and run to my room.

I turn the faucet on in my shower and walk inside as the cold water send chills down my spine.

I found my mother?

How did she find me? I thought mom sealed all the files and my information was never revealed.

I can't believe this.

The cold water slowly turns into warm water, making me feel better and warm in this cold weather.

How did she just come? What was she thinking? That I will forgive her?

I can't.

I won't.

I close my eyes as couple of drops went in my eyes. My hair stick to my face and my clothes all wet.

Knock!

"Venus," I hear someone calling me but I don't answer.

Knock! Knock!

"Venus!" The same voice calls for me again.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Venus, you're scaring me now. You're in there right?" Mom says but I don't wish to answer.

How was my information revealed to her?

There is no way that dad would've let that happen and he made sure nobody would talk about me being adoptive.

What am I going to do?

Oh god!

"Venus, answer me," she bangs a little louder on the door but I don't respond.

After a while the nagging stops and I don't hear anything on the other side and I open my eyes. The water falls on my head and drips down the ends of my hair.

I feel tears forming in my eyes and everything starts to hurt.

I haven't seen my mother in years and now she randomly decides to show up, thinking I will forgive her.

How could she?

I don't know what to do.

After what seemed like an eternity of standing, I slowly sit down on the ground and I bury my face in my hands and stay there before I hear another knock on the door.

"Stavish?" A soft whisper on the other side of the door. "Stavish, are you okay?"

Cayson.

I sigh and nod, later realizing that he couldn't see me.

Knock!

"Venus," another whisper catches my attention. "Venus open up."

"Go away," I tell Ian and I hear a sigh in the other side.

"Venus open up or I'm breaking this door," he warns me but I don't respond. Instead I pull my knees closer to my chest and put my chin on my knees.

Suddenly I head a loud thudding and footsteps approach me. They make their way towards the shower and see my sitting on the floor, crying.

Ian quickly runs towards me and turns the faucet off. "Venus," he whispers and I turn to face him.

My eyes red and puffy, tears still rolling down them. "Venus, what- what happened?"