Chapter 47- kingdom of magic

I basically flew to the hospital and am currently sprinting my way to the receptionist. She knows me because I have been coming here to meet with Mrs. chivalry.

Oh, I need to meet her too.

"Hey, I have been waiting for you to show up," she smiles and I nod. "Go to the seventh floor, Dr. Helton is waiting."

Dr. Helton? What the heck? Like Mr. Helton?

Suddenly couple of gurneys are rushed into the hospital into emergency room and doctors are everywhere. I couldn't het a good look at the three people being rushed into the hospital but everyone was running and rushing.

I need to call Kate, crap I forgot my phone at home. I'll call her as soon as I get home.

"Uh- okay, thanks," I quickly walk towards the elevator.

I press the button and wait for the elevator to come to the ground floor. Suddenly the elevator door opens revealing Mr. Helton and Mrs. Chivalry talking.

I stop in my tracks and my eyes widen. Their heads turn to me and they look shocked as well.

"Venus?" They both say at the same time and I sigh.

"Hello Mr. Helton, Mrs. Chivalry," I greet them and slowly walk inside the elevator and stand before them while pressing the button which had seven written on it.

"What are you doing here Venus?" Mrs. Chivalry asks me as the elevator door closes and I don't know what to tell her.

"Uh- I came here to see a doctor. We had a blood drive today so," I nervously reply and I could feel their eyes on me.

"Seventh floor? Are you sure you were told to go to the seventh floor?" She asks and I don't know if I should nod or not. "Venus?"

"Huh- yeah."

Her eyes widen and the elevator door opens revealing many patients moving around in wheelchairs. Something about this floor doesn't give off the right vibe. Everyone is talking to some other person or patient and they all seem nice. The only thing I don't notice earlier is that almost all of the patients here, are pale and bald. All their eyes turn to us when the elevator made the sound.

"Hey," a little kid of the age of almost 5 greets me as he's being rolled by the wheelchair.

"Hey," I reply back and he smiles warmly at me.

"I'm Nate, what about you?" He asks and I smile.

"I'm Venus," I reply back.

"Venus? Nice name. Are you new to the kingdom of magic?" He asks and my brows furrow. I look up at the nurse who willingly nods.

"Uh- yeah something like that," I answer back.

"Welcome then," he says.

"What about you?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I have been here for as long as I can recall. Maybe I was born here," he smiles.

"We need to go Nate," the nurse says and Nate nods.

"It's time to go to bed, bye bye," he waves before leaving.

"No, you must've been misguided," she says when I walk out of the elevator.

"Is Dr. Helton on this floor?" I ask and their eyes literally pop out of their sockets.

"D-d-dr. Helton?" She stutters and I nod.

I look at Mr. Helton and he seems just as shocked as Mrs. Chivalry. "Yes, she is on this floor."

"Is she related to you?" I ask and he nods.

"She's my wife," he answers and I nod in return.

"Well, that's who I'm looking for," I answer back.

"You know what kind of- what kind of doctor she is?" Mrs. Chivalry stutters while looking at me in disbelief.

I don't want to say what my mind is thinking right now. It's racing straight to conclusion of the bald people in here. I don't want to say it so I shake my head and turn around.

"This is the cancer ward," she whispers so softly that I almost didn't hear her but I read her lips.

I freeze. Cancer ward? No, no this can't be. I- I can't possibly have cancer. No.

"How- how can they know that I have cancer just by my blood?" I ask. "They can't, I probably don't have it. I haven't been eating well so maybe that's all."

"We're not taking any chances, let's go to Dr. Helton," Mrs. chivalry pulls me to the office of Dr. Helton while Mr. Helton accompanies us.

Mrs. Chivalry opens the door revealing a middle aged woman sitting on her desk while typing something on her laptop. She reminds me so much of Cayson while he works silently by himself.

A smile appeared when her eyes falls on us. "Dan? I thought you left?" She asks in confusion.

"I- she's here to see you," he says pointing towards me.

"Hey, I'm Dr. Helton, medical oncologist," she introduces herself. "Olive?"

"Helen, hey."

"What's going on here?" She asks.

"I uh- I had a blood drive at school today and they called me to see you," I say after a moment.

"Venus Stavish?" She asks and I nod in response.

She stands up and and motions us towards the chairs and we sit down slowly. After pulling out some paperwork, she hands them to Mrs. chivalry.

For a moment her face is expressionless, nothing. She just reads the papers inside and pulls out some charts. Suddenly her eyes widen in shock and they meet Dr. Helton's and back at the paperwork.

"It- it- I don't think it could be right," Mrs. chivalry hands the folder back to Dr. Helton.

"Of course Olive, I wouldn't bet on it either but, she has abnormal levels of white blood cells. I need to run more tests to be sure," Dr. Helton says and Mrs. Chivalry nods.

They turn to face me and Mrs. Chivalry takes my hand in hers. "You'll be fine Venus, nothing will happen."

It sounds more like she's trying to convince herself that I'm fine more than me. I just nod and she takes me down to another room.

___

Woah!

Damn!

Are you shocked?

Venus might have cancer? Like what? Anyways, stay tuned to learn more. 

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. It really motivates me!