Chapter 37- just a responsibility

Tick tock!

The slow sound of clock is ticking away the time while I'm waiting for Mrs. Chivalry in her office.

The nurse told me that she needed to make a phone call but she'll be back quickly.

I look around and find pictures of her, a man and a girl who seems to be 10. I smile as I notice more pictures hanging on the wall, behind her desk.

I get up and walk towards the pictures. They seem like a cute and happy family. I wish I had a family too.

I don't mean to go through her stuff but her computer is open and there is a mail which is opened.

I narrow my eyes and sit down on the chair, trying to read the email.

It reads:

Good Evening,

I have good news for you Mrs. Chivalry. I sent some of my investigators around to find some information and they reported back to me with some information.

I have found her location Mrs. Chivalry, get back to me as soon as you get this message.

Sincerely, Mr. Denton.

What?

What is he talking about?

Investigators?

It is none of my business so I shouldn't get nosy and all up in her business. But I am curious about it.

I hear footsteps approaching the room and I quickly walk to the chair and take a seat as Ms. Montgomery walks in with a small smile on her face.

"Venus," she says as she sees me sitting on the chair.

"Hey, Mrs. Chivalry," I smile at her.

"It's alright, call me Olive," she offers and sits down on her desk.

"I don't think I should—" I start but she cuts me off.

"C'mon, I'm not your doctor neither am I your shrink. You're here because you wanted to talk so think of me as your friend," she explains with a smile on her face.

"Yeah but I shouldn't call you by your name," I interject.

"Then I would feel like your shrink and the hospital wouldn't allow me to spend my time with you because I only deal with surgical cases," she says.

"Surgical? You're a surgeon?" I ask and she nods.

"Why, of course."

"I have always been fascinated with the human body, which is why I took anatomy. I think what you're doing is really cool."

"Really? Do you plan on becoming a surgeon?"

I don't respond for a moment.

"I uh- I don't know. I'm interested in singing," I say and she smiles.

"That's lovely. I wish I could sing but then people would leave the room if I start singing," she says.

"My mother used to sing," she replies after taking a pause and the smile vanished from her face.