Chapter 42- we are about to find out

Chapter 42- we are about to find our

"And your name is?" He asks and I just blink at him. He snaps his fingers in front of my face, breaking my train of thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what?" I ask again and he smiles.

"Your name?" He asks again and I hesitate before telling him.

"I uh- I'm Venus," I answer back and he smiles.

"Venus? Nice name dear," he says and looks at the locked door then back at me. "Would you tell her about my visit? I have an important matter to discuss with her."

I don't respond and just look at him. I want to shout and yell at him for doing everything he did to me. But, I stop myself. I hold onto myself from doing anything stupid. I don't want him to know that I'm his daughter, maybe he'll do anything to get to me.

He's not trustworthy is what she said. I don't know why but I believe her. Definitely more than him.

"Uh- y-yeah," I stutter and he smiles before leaving.

The shock still hasn't left my body yet. Did I really just talk to my biological and arrogant of a father? He didn't seem as rude as Mrs. chivalry made him sound like.

Maybe he's changed.

But, I still don't care about it. All I care about is because of him, I was robbed of my parents, my mother. All I have ever wanted was to have a family, a real family. My friends helped me fulfill that wish but all I had were friends as my siblings, not a mother.

Even though they were enough, I never felt the love of a mother. The love that I had been dying to feel. I take a deep breath and Cayson takes my hand in his. I smile at him as I close my eyes and put my head on his shoulder.

___

"Venus?" I hear someone calling my name and my eyes voluntarily open and there she is.

I look around and find everyone sleeping. I look at her and there is a smile on her face and a tear visible in her eyes.

"How- how are you?" She asks and I shrug.

"I have been better," I answer back and she smiles. "I have to talk to you."

"Yes, of course. Want to go into my office?" She asks and I nod.

I slowly move cayson's hand away from mine, get up and follow her to her office. She motions me to sit on the chair and closes the door behind me.

"So?" She asks, sitting on her rolling chair across me.

I put my hands on the table between us and sigh deeply. "I- I don't know what to do," I whisper and her expressions soften and she reaches out to my hand and holds them into hers.

"I wouldn't either. This is a big thing being revealed to you. There is no pressure Venus, you can take all the time you need. I will be here, waiting at the end of the day for you," she whispers back with a small smile on her face.

"How- how bad is- is Richard?" I ask her.

Her eyes go wide and I see fear in them. Something about her expressions change makes me think of all the bad things he has done to terrify her like this.

"You shouldn't even go near him, he knows I gave you away but doesn't know where you are. He is in jail right now," she says and my brows furrow.

"He isn't in prison right now," I reply back and her eyes widen in shock. "He was just here, looking for you."

A gasp escapes her lips and she quickly pulls out her phone and calls someone. She puts the phone to her ears and waits impatiently for the other person to pick it up.

"Hello?" She stands up. "Chase?"

She seems really scared after I told her about Richard. What does she think he will do? As confused as I am, I wanted answers.

"Chase, Richard isn't in jail anymore, he's here," she says and nods. "Mmhmm. Yes, I told her."

I just sit on the chair while waiting for her t tell me what's going on. Is Richard that dangerous? He just served some time in prison, he wouldn't want to go back in there, would he?

"Did you pick up Aurora from her dancing classes?" She asks and after a second she gasps. "Chase, I told you to get her, you should go now."

All the color drains out of her face when Chase said something on the other end. She sits back down on the chair and puts her hand on her forehead.

"What?" She shudders. "How? I need to go get her."

She stands up. "No Chase I'm not loosing her too. I could careless about what he wants, I want my daughter back."

She cuts the call and looks at me. "You should stay here, I need to go see what's happening."

"What's happening?" I get up as well.

"It's Richard. He picked up Aurora from her dancing classes early as an excuse to grab my attention. I don't know why he's here but you shouldn't even go near him. He's dangerous, and he has taken my daughter, your little sister," she explains and anger boils inside of me.

He is not a good person. Why would he take Aurora?

"I will come with you," I offer and she shakes her head.

"No, you will not. I can't let him know that you're our daughter or else he would come for you too," she says and I sigh. "I will be back soon, please stay put."

She leaves the office and Cayson walks inside and looks at me. "Where did she go?" He asks me and I shrug.

"But we're about to find out," I answer back and drag him outside along with me to follow Mrs. chivalry.

___

Damn!

Richard is back again and he has kidnapped Aurora. Or has he? Lmao only the next chapter will tell.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen. It makes me update faster for you.