Chapter 54- your life, your choices

"Are you- are you really here?" He mumbles to himself and closes his eyes and opens them again to see me standing before him.

"Yeah," I mumble back and his eyes widen in shock of seeing me here. "It's me little shit."

  He smiles at me and takes a step towards me and almost pulls me into a hug but stops himself. The smile leaves his face instantly and he stiffens.

"What are you doing here Venus?" He asks, when he says my name it almost feels like he doesn't want me there.

"I—" I start but realize that I have nothing to say to him. I already apologized to him in his drunken state which he probably doesn't remember because he isn't much of a good drinker.

I bit my bottom lip between my teeth and extend the photograph once again. He looks down at it and sighs. "You dropped a photograph," I say and he slowly takes it from my hand.

He is noticing and calculating my every move, as I slowly turn around. I start to walk away from him but he holds onto my wrist and I don't bother fighting.

"Let go Cayson," I whisper but he doesn't, instead his grip tightens.

"Won't you ask me why I have this photograph?" He asks and I shake my head and close my eyes.

"I don't think it's my place to ask you anymore," I reply back and sigh.

"But I can explain," he says and I sigh.

"I didn't ask you for a explanation Cayson. It's your life, your choices, who am I to make any decisions for you?" I ask and I see something in his eyes shimmer.

"But I can—" he starts but I cut him off.

"I didn't come back to interfere in your life Cayson. When the course is done, I will be gone, forever," I whisper the last part and his brows furrow. 

"Wouldn't you care to know?" He asks and twists me around by my wrist and is very close to me.

Of course I care to know, but I can't show you how much I care. It seems as if you have moved on in your life without me. I shouldn't take it away from you.

"I don't care Cayson." I tell him and the grip loosens.

"You- you really don't care?" He asks and I bite my lip and shake my head. "I- I thought you came back so we—" he doesn't finish his sentence.

"I'm here for some things that I have yet to achieve. I want to complete them before time runs out," I mutter and his brows furrow.

"Time runs out? What do you mean?" He asks and I take a deep breath in.

It's so hard to resist the urge to tell him. He is this sun to my darkness which always shines. Myself being the darkness, I always cry to dim his light. More and more every time we interact.

"I'm uh- I'm not staying in New York for long. I'll be leaving as soon as I'm done with what I came here to do," I breath out.

"Why did you- why did you leave?" He asks and I sigh.

There's that question again.

"I was tired," I reply back.

"Of what?" He asks.

"Everything. Finding my mom, my dad, my little sister, my other mom started behaving nice, Ian and Violet's accident, your accident. My life was a mess, a mess which I dragged you into and I regret it. I'm sorry," I apologize and he holds onto my shoulders.