Chapter 64- it's her only shot

hey guys, this chapter wasn't loading because i accidentally published it. it wasn't completed so i had to unpublish it.

Chapter 64- it's her only shot

Slowly my eyes open, scanning the whole room but nobody is here. Everything hurt so bad. Ugh!

I hear some chatter outside my room and try to concentrate on that.

"She coded, why?" I hear mommy ask the doctor in a soft voice. "Why was her heart failing?"

"Her cancer cells are aggressively increasing and are killing her. Her heart is trying to pump the blood but is weakening because of the cancer cells in her blood," the doctor says and mommy gasps.

"But- but she was fine," mom says in a low voice. "How did so much happen in just couple of weeks?"

"Her cancer is aggressive for her age and her body can't handle much. If her heart fails again, we won't be able to save her. If we use the paddles, it will put more pressure on her heart and it could stop beating. So, I would advise you to just stay with her for however long she has and make her feel comfortable," the doctor says and my heart breaks from the inside.

Oh god.

"Oh god," dad mutters.

"She can't," daddy mutters and a tear rolls down my eyes.

"I'm so sorry," doctor says and then I hear a lot of footsteps coming towards the direction to my room. 

"How is Venus?" Ian asks and I see a hand on the door which has a glass in the middle. His eyes are teary and red, as if he has been crying for a long time.

I see another figure appear next to Ian, of Chris and he is also crying. Oh god, they all know now.

"Doctors said that her..." mommy starts but couldn't finish the sentence.

Instead Cayson completes her sentence. "Her cancer is growing..." I hear his soft voice through everything.

"But- but it was gone..?" Kate half chuckles, nervously.

"Apparently, it's too aggressive to completely remove out of her blood," Cayson slowly says, looking inside from the door.

My eyes are half open, but i don't think they could see it through the glass. I want to tell him that I'm fine, to show him, or to at least move, but nothing is possible at this moment.

As I'm breathing through the oxygen mask, it feels a bit misty, it keeps getting foggy because of my breathing.

"Cayson," I try to call out to him but nothing except a soft whisper escapes my lips.

"Mom?" Another soft whisper escapes my lips but nobody can hear me, which is the sad part.

My hand slowly lifts off the bed and reaches out to the door, when suddenly Cayson appears at the door and notices me awake.

"She's awake," I hear him say before he pushes the door open and runs towards me.

His hand slowly caresses my forehead and he smiles, tears forming in his eyes. "Hey," he whispers and I smile, tear rolling down from my eye.

"Hey," I mouth through the oxygen mask and he holds onto my hand, squeezing my hand softly.

"Venus," mommy whispers, coming next to my head and caressing my hair. "Oh Venus."

"You will be fine," mom whispers and daddy nods in return.

"We won't let anything happen to you," daddy says, tears visible in his eyes. "We just found you, we can't loose you and we won't. I will do everything in my power to save you."

"So will I Venus, we will find a way, any way," dad says as they smile before leaving the room in urgency.

"Your medications, I need to make sure to get them before midnight," mom says, and smiles before leaving.

"I should see if there is any other way. Maybe my friend from London could help me," mommy says, with a smile she leaves, leaving my friends and Cayson in my room.

"How are you, are you okay?" Violet asks and Tyler smacks her head.

"How does she look to you dumbass? Of course she isn't okay," Tyler says and earns a smack from violet in his pectorals and he winces while I smile.

A small smile appears on Tyler's lips when he looks at me then he turns back to face violet. "Keep doing that, she likes it," he says and violet smacks him again and I just smile.

I reach to my oxygen mask and pull it off my face, slightly. "Don't... kill... him..." I manage to speak in a raspy voice and they all chuckle.

"I wouldn't even think about it," violet smiles at me.

This is the moment I know that they all will be fine without me.

Tyler, being the childish person that he is, has someone to take care of him now. Violet, the one who always had faith in me, he someone who now has faith in her. Kate, has always had Chris and he has had her.

The ones I am most worried about are Ian and Cayson. They will be completely alone after I leave. They both are too important to me to stay alone.

Ian has never shown interest in girls. He has been saving and protecting me from people since we were ten. Maybe, he's doing it for so long that he has forgotten to keep himself happy.

On the other hand, Cayson found someone again. Maybe that quacking duck will always support him and love him after I'm gone. I have seen the way she looks at him, it's the same way I look at him.

"In all seriousness Venus, how do you feel? Does it still burn?" Ian asks and I shake my head.

I slowly pull the mask off and look at him with my eyes half closed. "It's... all... numb..." I reply back and he puts the mask back on my face.

"Don't talk Venus, maybe it will hurt you more," he says and I don't argue. One, because I don't have enough energy to argue. Two, I don't know what to say when I argue.

"There is another way," Cayson mutters and my eyes shoot up in his direction.

"What?" I mouth through the mask and he nods.

"What is it?" Ian asks.

Cayson inhales sharply while caressing my arm and continues. "A blood transfusion."

"The doctor was talking about it," Kate says and violet nods.

"Yeah, but it is a bit dangerous," violet says and Tyler nods.

"But it's her only shot," Chris replies and Ian nods.

"We should go ahead with it," Ian says.

"I will call the doctor and others," Cayson starts but suddenly doctors and my parents walk inside.

___

Maybeeee there is another way to save Venus. No promises so don't get your hopes up. But, maybe just maybe she could be saved at the end.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Vote away so I can update faster for you guys because it motivates me.

Don't forget to support me by pressing that little star at the bottom of your screen!

Thank you!