Tree Bros(ish)-Agent Hansen pt2

Connor reluctantly stepped into the car, looking behind him to make sure the coast was clear.

"Come on, we've got you. Don't, don't worry. Those guys won't hurt you." Evan smiled warmly at Connor as Jared climbed into the front seat. Evan climbed into the back seat with Connor, looking out the window and carefully studying Connor.

"You... you okay?" Evan asked.

"Uh, did you..." Connor stopped himself. Should he tell Evan about himself? About how he knows his dad is the other guy?

"Have you been a spy for a long time?" Connor asked instead.

Evan instantly took the bait, and began babbling about how he started as a little kid, meeting Jared and deciding he liked it there.

Connor missed the slight blush that formed on Evans cheeks as Evan mentioned Jared.

"-and, I think, that's how I got my-" Evan stopped as Jared stopped the car.

"Sorry sweetheart. I didn't want to stop your story, but we're here." Connors furrowed his eyebrows.

"Sweetheart? Who you calling 'sweetheart', Jared?" Connor awkwardly chuckled.

Evan and Jared shared a glance, and Connor missed Jared's hand slamming down on a button on his panel.

Suddenly, Connors seat engulfed him, and Connor struggled against the straps.

"The more you move, the more they tighten. Evan, can you help our guest out?" Evan jokingly bowed, pushing a button so the side door opened. Evan stepped out, then unattached Connors seat. He held the seat until Jared came over to attach the wheels. Jared locked the car doors, then the two swaggered into the large 'office building'.

"You guys are fucked up. You didn't even like me!"

"That's the business, Con. Survival of the fittest." Evan smirked to himself. "Besides, you, compared to Jared? Sorry, but uh, you never stood a chance."

Connor shut his mouth as they strolled into the elevator. Jared pressed the right order of buttons, and the two waited in the awkward elevator music until the door opened.

Evan pushed Connor out the doors, followed by Jared. As Connor looked around, he realized all eyes were trained on him. Connors cheeks burned as he stared at the ground.

They brought him over to a wide set of doors. Evan was buzzed in, and Jared rolled Connor into the room.

"Thank you boys. That's all for today. You're dismissed until further notice." Evan and Jared nodded, but Connor didn't miss how their fingers intertwined as the turned.

"Awe. You really did like him, didn't you?"

Connor turned to the woman sitting at the desk, reluctantly nodding his head.

"I'm sorry." She said genuinely. "But that's how things are here."

"Yeah. Your son said something like that." Connor mumbled, looking around the room.

"I think you know what's next, huh?" Heidi asked.

"Yeah. I do." Connor said, pushing his emotions down. "I'm... I'm ready to go. Dad won't care anyway."

Heidi neared Connor, holding a sharp blade. "He's hard on you because he loves you. Trust me." Heidi gently pushed Connors hair back, giving him a soft peck on his forehead. "I'm sorry. I truly am."

Connor was about to say something when everything ended.