Tree Bros- Child Dev.

Evan nervously walked into his new classroom. No one glanced up thankfully, and he walked over to the teacher, handing her his pass.

She smiled up at him from her desk. "Evan! Hi. I'm Miss Lohst." Her voice was a whisper so she didn't disturb the working students. "You can go sit next to Connor. He's the one in the dark gray over there. Don't worry, they will be done shortly."

Evan nodded, thanking her quietly as he headed to his new seat. Connor glanced over at him, but didn't protest to his new partner thankfully.

After a few moments, the teacher clapped her hands. "Alright students! That's enough time."

"Does that mean-?" One girl in the front asked, excitement lacing her voice.

Miss Lohst nodded her head, chuckling to herself. "Yes it does. The section you've all been waiting for... drum roll please..."

The class began to beat on the table, waiting for the grand show. Evan glanced over at Connor, who was glaring ahead.

"Baby section! Yay! You get to take home crying babies together! As parents! Aren't you excited?" The class erupted in cheers, and Connor still had a glare on his face.

Evan began to regret sitting next to the angsty teen.

"Whoever you're sitting with is your new spouse. You'll have a week that you have to spend together, so good luck! I've emailed you and your parents, so they know the whole deal and won't be weirded out when you bring your 'baby' or new 'spouse' home."

Connor leaned back in his chair, finally giving Evan the time of Day. "Hey. I'm Connor."

"Evan, Evan Hansen. Hi." Evan mumbled nervously. "So, uh, we're husbands now?"

Connor chuckled. "Guess we are. Want a boy or a girl?"

"Girl? If that's okay with you, of, of course. Or whatever. It's fine."

"Girl it is. Want to spend the night at my house or yours? My house has my sister and my parents all the time, but I mean, it's big, so whatever." Connor picked up the baby that was handed to him carefully, rocking it in his arms.

"Uh, my mom, my mom won't be home. So I guess, mine is fine?" Evan asked, glancing at the 'baby' in Connors arms.

"Alright." Connor got out his phone, handing it to Evan. "Just plug your info in. I have to get some stuff for tonight, but I'll be over soon. You good to take the baby?"

Evan nodded, still iffy on Connor. Would he be a good dad?

Turns out Evan didn't need to worry. Connor loved the baby, and was more than willing to take care of her at anytime.

"How's the baby?" Connor asked, barging into Evans house. He heard the cries and saw the tired Evan, so he dropped his bag and carefully took the baby from Evans arms.

He rocked the baby in his arms, feeding it from the 'bottle'. The baby quieted down, and Connor eventually placed it back in the makeshift crib they'd made.

"You're, you're really good." Evan smiled, blushing slightly. "You'd, you'd make a good dad."

"Thanks, Evan. Now what do you want to do while we wait for the baby to wake up again?" Connor asked, some playfulness in his voice.

"We could.. talk?"

"Sounds good to me."

"He said what to you?"

"He, he called me an acorn!" Evan said, a laugh clear in his voice. He almost said something else, but the crying baby stopped him. "I'll get him."

"No, I've got it." Connor jumped over the couch, grabbing the bottle and diaper. He quickly changed the baby, and gave the baby its bottle. "You know, we never gave the baby a name."

"Oh, oh, yeah?" Evan asked, a smirk in his voice. "What were you thinking?"

"How about... Audrey?"

"Why Audrey?" Evan asked.

"You know Little Shop Of Horrors, right? You remind me of Seymour. So like.. Audrey."

Evan blushed wildly, a small smile on his lips as Connor put the baby down and started walking towards Evan. "I... are you flirting with me?"

"I've been flirting with you all night, so yeah."

"Then I love the name." Evan said, casting his eyes down as Connor came closer. "It's... pretty."

"Just like you, Hansen." Evan glanced up, a wide smile on his face as his face turned a darker shade of pink.

Evan realized how close the two were, and slowly he began to pull closer to Connor. So close, that he could feel Connors breath on his lips. He pulled closer-

The boys pulled back as the baby cried loudly.

"God, who raised our kid to be a cock block?"