Kleinsen- It Isn't Always Physical

Another abuse fic, this time specially on Emotional abuse.

Warning: ABUSE!! Not physical tho

Jared rolled his eyes, scrolling through this feed again. "So what you're saying is, if I'm understanding this right, is that you'd rather hang out with everyone else then go on our date?" Jared paused, glaring up at Evan who was meekly hunched over. "Wow."

"Well, no, it's just that," Jared cocked his eyebrows, waiting for an answer. "Well, I just, maybe wanted to hang out with them? We've, we've already have three dates this week, and, and-"

"Oh, so now you're the victim?"

"No! No, it's just-"

"Just what? You know, if you didn't actually like me, you could have said something."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I'll cancel with them."

Jared smiled. "Good. Now come on and cuddle with me. And bring your phone, I wanna make sure you didn't text them anything embarrassing or whatever you do."

Evan nodded, handing his phone over. He was relived that the problem was dealt with.

————

"He canceled on us. Again." Zoe sighed, scrolling through her messages. "Hey, have you guys noticed how off he's been?"

"Yeah, I uh, actually have." Jeremy piped up. "He uh, I don't know, but like, he seems more uh, more..."

"More apologizy?" Michael finished for Jeremy.

"Yeah! Like, he's always sorry, even when it's something small."

"Oh yeah!" Alana said, excited to be a part of the conversation. "He was super flustered and apologetic when he accidentally nudged me in the hallway the other day, like what he'd done was some horrible offense or something."

"Huh." Christine started. "Uh, well guys, I've also noticed that he hasn't been... hanging out with us? And if he is, he's with Jared. Also, if you look at their movements, Evan looks like he's being forced wherever he's going by Jared. I noticed because I was looking at couple stances for the new play I'm gonna be in, and so-"

"Thank you, Christine." Connor said, gently bringing Christine back to reality. "So yeah. Guys, I don't have a good feeling about them."

"But Jared seems so nice! Are you suggesting he hurst Evan? We don't see bruises or anything..." Christine trailed off, thinking.

"Well, abuse isn't like, always physical." Connor started, leaning against his couch. "Sometimes it's just emotional. For example, not letting your significant other go do things with their friends and isolating them."

"Or being overly angry when they make a small mistake." Michael added.

"Right. Or uh, being overly possessive and like, checking their phone all the time without their permission." Zoe bit her cheek as she said this, thinking.

"Oh! Constantly putting down your significant other is another one!" Alana started. "And not like, the joking kind, because there's a difference between joking around about something they do once, and something about how they just act in general."

"Exactly. Or like, making false assumptions constantly." Connor said, bring the attention back to him. "So... basically I think we should like, tell a counselor or something."

"Yeah, no I totally agree." Jeremy said, grabbing his phone. "Uh, I'm gonna call our parents and maybe they can talk with Ev tonight."

"Good," Michael said, placing a hand on Jeremy's back. "As for the rest of us, we need to give Evan as much emotional support as we can. Jared's like, basically trying to pull us apart so that if Evan falls, all he has to hold onto is Jared."

The group nodded in agreement, already planning on baking cookies and having massive sleepovers for the upcoming week.