Kleinsen- Monster out in you pt2

"Mom! Dad! Holy shit do I have news for you guys." Jared said loudly as he walking into the family living room.

"Language! And what's the news?" His mom asked as she set dinner out.

"Okay, so Evans dad has been like MIA, right? Well apparently, through research done by yours truly, he's the son of a monster hunter!" Jared said excitedly. "Isn't that wicked? My boyfriend is the son of a monster hunter. That's wild!"

His mom set down the last plate, giving her husband a pleading look.

"Awe mom, don't be like that. It's true! I promise! I did research, and-"

"Jared, your mother and I believe you." His father said, setting down his newspaper. "But that's the problem. We believe you."

"Uh," Jared paused. "I don't follow?"

His mother sighed. "Jared, there's something we haven't ever told you to... protect you."

Jared nervously laughed. "Come on guys. April fools day was yesterday."

"Jared, please." Jared shut his mouth, allowing his mom to continue. "We're... werewolfs."

"Holy fucking shit." Jared dad whacked him lightly with a rolled up newspaper, but Jared didn't flinch. "No. No. That doesn't, that doesn't make sense. I haven't turned before!"

"You're not eighteen yet." His mother replied, tiredly. "And we always go on 'date nights' when we turn. That's why you haven't seen us turn."

Jared was silent for a moment before standing up abruptly. "Evan won't fucking believe this."

"No!" His mother yelled.

"You can't tell anyone, Jared. We didn't tell you for a reason. You're... you've been happy here. We don't want to have to move again."

"Wait, that's why we moved so much?" Jared asked. "I thought you guys just got bored easily."

"I'm sorry Jared."

"Nah, don't be sorry momma. Being a werewolf is fucking cool."

"Actually it's horribly painful." Jared's face dropped slightly. "Don't worry Jared, it's not as bad as period cramps."

"Oh good," Jared said. "So it's not painful at all!"

Jared's father handed the newspaper to his wife, who rolled it up tightly and whacked Jared on the head.

————

"Jared? Are you, are you okay?" Evan asked nervously, picking at his nails. "I mean, if you want to, to break up, I'll, I'll understand, I just, I just-"

"No! No, baby. No, I'm not breaking up with you. I promise." Jared looked at his hands, his fake burst of confidence fading fast. "I uh, you might though. Break up with me."

Evan gave him a confused look, so Jared continued. "I'm not supposed to tell you. Anything. So, so I have to have your full trust."

Evan nodded, taking Jared's hands. "I promise I'll still love you the same. I, nothing will, nothing will change that."

"I'm..." Jared took a deep breath, shutting his eyes. "I'm a werewolf."

When he opened his eyes, he was met with confused blue ones. "Wait, that's it?"

"What the fuck do you mean 'that's it'?"

"Well, I mean, I thought you were gonna tell me you were, you were trans or something. I don't know, Um, monster stuff is a little like, uh, unshocking? At this point, so."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry." Evan said quietly.

"So you... aren't gonna kill me?" Jared asked.

"What? No! Why would I?" Evan asked, offended.

"You're a hunter... I'm a werewolf... can I make it anymore obvious?"

"I'm gonna, I'm gonna ignore the Avril reference." Evan said, pulling Jared into his lap. "Why don't we, why don't we watch some crappy Disney channel movie and, and cuddle?" Evan asked. "Would you like that?"

"Only if we get to watch 'My babysitters a vampire'."

"I love you so much, you, you fucking dork." Evan said, booping Jared's nose.