Kleinsen- The OuterNet

Warning: Small mentions of Evan dating someone emotionally abusive, and kinda short

"Please? I've been trapped inside all day for, for, for too long, and, and it's stressing me out."

"Sure. You can go. But the outernet is scary, so I'm gonna stay here."

Evan rolled his eyes, biting his lip. "Fine. Fine. Okay. Sure." He picked up his keys and angrily stormed out the front door, Jared behind.

"Awe fuck." Jared mumbled to himself. "Guess I have to go and be a good boyfriend or whatever." His rolled his eyes, giving himself a small smirk as he mumbled more. "Third time this week I've been a good boyfriend. What more does he want from me?"

————

Evan sat on the swing set, listing to the wind blow. He watched longingly as a couple ran around playing a game of tag, laughing loudly.

"Mind if I join you?"

Evan perked his head up, smiling wide as he glanced up at his boyfriend. His smile quickly disappeared and he started to get up. "Sorry. We can leave now."

"What? Why? I just got here." Jared asked, confused.

"Well, I mean." Evan awkwardly rubbed his arm. "Uh, Kevin used to uh, pick he up when he wanted me home, so."

"Awe shit, baby no." Jared awkwardly pulled the backpack off his shoulders, setting it on the ground. "I brought picnic stuff so that we could eat here and chill out. I know you love being outside and stuff, and I'm sorry that I'm such an indoor person. But uh, I set us up for an outdoor painting class while you were gone, so uh. I'm trying. I'm sorry."

Evan was silent for a moment, then smiled wide. "You're so much better than Kevin."

"Well shit, I hope so."