Tree Bros-So The Bar Is Here

Requested by @MadameUnicorn77

"Jared."

"What?"

"Jared."

"Oh for fucks sake, Evan. You look fine. You look gay. That's good." Jared gave him a quick glance from the drivers seat, nodding his head.

"I'm not, I'm not gay!"

"That's not what your mom said last night."

Evan paused, glancing over at Jared. "Was that supposed to be a gay joke, with a, with a mom sex joke? Cuz, uh, it didn't make sense."

"No, that's literally what your mom said last night. We had tea together while we waited for you to come back from work."

"You guys had tea together!?"

"That's beside the point." Jared said, turning down a street. "You're into dudes. Bi, right? So just call it gay, dude."

"But," Evan let out a groan, glancing around the new city streets. "Why?"

"Why are we gay? Well my good man, it all started with the lizard people."

"No!Why did you, why are we going out? Why do I need to be gay?" Evan said, ignoring Jared comment about the lizard people.

"Oh, well there's this new gay pub. It's more like an LGBT+ like, coffee shop that also sells alcohol, but it's pretty kid friendly." Jared pulled Evans cheek, and Evan swat him away. "Don't worry, Hansen. You're gonna love it."

Jared pulled into a parking spot, and began walking to the cafe. Evan quickly followed suit.

"Okay, FYI I'm totally gonna get a hot date, and so are you. Shoulders back, Evvie." Jared threw him a wink and walked into the cafe with confidence. Evan took a deep breath and followed him, immediately looking for an empty table. When he found one, he sat down and pulled out his phone.

"You gay?"

Evan looked up quickly, stuttering immediately. "I uh, I like, uh, guys are good. And I uh, I like girls, but uh, I'm not, I'm not like fully gay, you know? So uh? But I am part of the LGBT community! Please don't kick me out."

The tall boy laughed, sitting down across from him. "Don't worry, I don't work here. And you don't need to show your gay card here. They won't care you."

"Gay...card? They have those? Oh god."

"I'm kidding, the gays don't have to get carded." The boy held out his hand, giving what Evan thought was supposed to be a kind smile. "I'm Connor Murphy."

"I'm uh, Evan. Hansen. Evan Hansen. Yeah. Sorry."

"Well hi, Evan Hansen. Pleasure to meet you."

"The uh, the pleasure is uh, it's all mine."