Kleinsen- FBI soulmate AU pt2

"Jared Kleinman! We're so glad to have you." Jared mirrored the older mans smile, following him down the long hallway into his office. "We have your schedule here, and I'll help you to your next class."

Jared thanked him, keeping his eyes open for Connor or Evan. When he didn't see them in the hallway, he sighed, knowing that in a school this big, he'd probably never see them unless he went out of his way.

"Alright Mr.Kleinman. Good luck!" The principal handed Jared his schedule and headed off, leaving Jared alone in front of the classroom door. He took a deep breath, willing himself not to get freaked out. Besides, it's not like I haven't gone to school in like, five years. Oh wait.

He opened the door, surprised that no one automatically tried to kick him out. The teacher saw him and waved him over, smiling wide. "Hey! You must be Jared. I've got you sitting next to the boy in the stripped polo for now, alright? Do you have paper and a pencil? If you don't, I have plenty to share."

"Uh, yes ma'am." Jared said, taken back by her kindness. "I uh, have my own. Thank you." Jared turned to go sit down, and almost jumped when he realized who he'd be sitting next to.

Him. Evan Hansen.

Jared put his stuff down on the desk, smirking at the boy. "Sup. I'm Jared Kleinman."

"I uh, I'm Evan, Evan Hansen. It's nice to, nice to met you." Evan smiled weakly.

Jared sat down, leaning on his hands at he glanced at Evan. "So, anything I need to know about this school?"

"Hm?" Evan asked.

"Like, you know, is the lunch poisoned? Lunch lady a witch? English teacher a vampire?"

"What? No, uh, none of those things. Lunch is actually uh, weirdly good? And, and the lunch ladies are super uh, super nice. And Mr.Hamilton is really funny! This is uh, his wife's classroom."

"Oh." Jared mumbled, hoping to get more information. "Well, is the-"

"Hey Ev." A raspy voice sat down on the other side of Evan, and Evan turned to kiss the boy.

Jared put all his effort into not gagging at the sight of someone else kissing Evan, but he eventually held it in.

The man leaned back, giving Jared a crooked smile. "Hey dude. I'm Connor, Connor Murphy."

"Jared Kleinman." Jared said, almost jumping for joy when he realized how easy this job would be. He just hoped that Connor was a spy; that way he'd actually have a chance with Evan.

Class luckily started, giving Jared enough time to plan what he wanted to do with Connor.

By the end of the day, Jared decided he'd just try to become friends with Connor and slowly gain his trust, along with Evans. Then, when (and if, but mostly when) revealed he was a spy, Jared could do his job with Connor, leaving Evan to himself.

He smirked to himself as he walked out of the side doors of the school. He was about to head to his car when he heard Connors voice whispering.

Jared quickly pressed against the brick wall, listening to Connors words. He got out his watch camera, recording the whole thing secretly.

"-no, I mean what I said. Jared Kleinman is here. Yes, I know how much that could ruin the company. Yes, I know I have to take him out." Connor paused, taking in instruction. "Okay, so what? You want me to keep pretending to be Evans boyfriend?"

He paused again. "Okay, keep being Evans boyfriend, so I can hopefully get the blueprints. Gotcha. Yeah, I know. I'll take out Jared along the way. Just give me a few days to figure out what he knows."

Jared held his breath as Connor ended the call and headed to his own car. Jared waited exactly five minutes before heading to his own car, so that Connor was long gone by the time he made his own call.

"I caught him. I recorded the whole thing. I'm sending you the link right now. It's full proof that he wants to take me down."

"You know what this means, right?"

Jared nodded, even though his boss couldn't see. "Yes sir."

His eyes narrowed, and he glared out the window.

"I have take him out before he takes me out."