Tree Bros- Blank Space

Requested by @X-tinct

This is an AU. Obviously some things are different then canon.

"Connor! Hi, come, uh, come in!" Evan smiled, holding the door open for his new boyfriend.

"Wow, Evan, you look... stunning." Connor took in Evans sharp, dark blue velvet tux, gently running his hands over the fabric.

"It's all for you, baby." Evan said, kissing Connor on the lips, intoxicating him with just one kiss.

Evan gently pulled Connor to his massive backyard. Connor tried to take in the view of Evans mansion, but Evan was pulling him too fast for him to get a good look at anything.

Evan lead Connor to a forrest out back, pointing excitedly to a tree. "Look! Look! We're gonna carve our names!" He took out a small knife from his pocket, waving it around.

Connor chuckled at Evans excitement, taking the knife Evan had. "Okay, okay. I'm down."

Evan bounced on his heels as he watched Connor carve his name into the tree, eventually handing the knife back to Evan. "Okay, your turn."

Evan finished faster that Connor, but the taller boy didn't think anything of it.

And he didn't noticed the dozens of trees Evan lead him past, all with carvings of Evan and his past lovers.

——-

Connor finally felt happy. Evan was so kind to him, and didn't mind Connor being a little clingy. Evan would do anything Conor wanted to do, even opting to just paint pictures of the darker haired boy. Evan just wanted attention, and Connor was more than happy to give that.

Sure, it was puppy love, but Connor was okay with that.

———

Evan laid on Connors leg, looking up into the sky. The clouds looked beautiful, and he couldn't wait to spend this beautiful picnic with his beautiful boyfriend.

He glanced over at Connor, only to have his face turn into one of disappointment. Connor was on his phone, not paying any attention to Evan.

"Connor." Evan whined. "Pay attention to me."

"I will sweetie, I just need to write this work email really quick."

Evan huffed, knowing that Connor was really probably texting his 'other lover'. After a minute of Evan pouting with no satisfaction, Evan got up, stomping into his house.

He grabbed his knife, and angrily walked into Connors guest room, rummaging through the boys stuff until he found his shirts.

In his crazy headspace, Evan cut massive holes in all of Connors fancy work shirts. Evan took the knife and walked down the hall, making sure to drag the knife over the portraits he'd painted of Connor; and even managed to write 'is she better than me?' On one of them.

"Evan?"

Evans head whipped around to greet a baffled Connor. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Evan stalked over to the taller boy, his fists in tight balls next to his legs. "Where's your phone?"

"My, my what?"

"Your phone. Hand it over." Evan held out his hand, expectingly.

"I uh, I left it on the picnic blanket?"

Without another word, Evan stomped out of the house. Connor hesitated for a moment, looking down the hallway Evan had just come from. He realized just then that Evan was going for his phone, and Connor sprinted out back.

"Evan!"

Evan dangled Connors phone dangerously close to the edge of the fountain. "Yes, my sweet?" Evan asked, not a lace of kindness in his voice. "What? Are you worried you'll lose your girlfriends number?"

"I don't have a girlfriend!"

Evan just laughed as he tossed the phone into the fountain. "Oops. And I don't have a good grip on things. Sorry!"

Connor stood, baffled at the boy before him. What had just happened?

Without hesitation, Evan passed Connor on his way back to the house. He went out the front door, making sure to grab his golfing club.

Connor only snapped out of his daze when he heard a loud, metallic thumping sound.

His legs worked faster than his mind, and before he knew it, he was watching Evan beat up his brand new car with a golfing club.

"Evan! Stop!"

Connor struggled to get the club away from Evan, but Evan was just too strong. Evan pushed him down to the ground, wet gross tears falling down the small boy's face. "Why can't you just love me? Why can any of you just love me?"

While Evan had his mental break down, Connor managed to push the weaker boy off of himself. He managed to jump into his car, just barely able to drive away from his maniac ex.

———

Jared Kleinman stepped out of his car, looking up at the mansion in front of him.

"Jared! Hi, come, come, come in!" Evan smiled, holding the door open for his new boyfriend.

"Wow, Evan... you look... smoking." Jared said as he admired the dark blue velvet suit Evan had on.

"It's all for you, baby." Evan said sweetly, pressing a soft kiss to Jared's lips, intoxicating him.

Got a long list of ex-lovers; they'll tell you I'm insane
But I've got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name