Kleinsen- Treat You Better Pt3

"Oh god."

Evans words could barely be heard as he covered his mouth with his hands.

"Oh god." He mumbled again, standing straight up. He rushed out of the cafeteria, his hands still covering his mouth.

Jared instantly ran after him, inwardly arguing with himself to get in better shape as he tried to keep up. He watched Evan go into the bathroom, and he followed.

"Evan?"

In response, Jared got dry heaving from the handicap stall. He pushed open the door, locking it behind him. He sat down, allowing Evan some space.

"Ev... should I stay or should I go?"

Jared question was answered as Evan pounced on him, hugging him tightly. Evans tears soaked Jared's shirt, but he couldn't have cared less. He allowed Evan to heave into him as he rubbed his back and whispered softly to him.

Eventually, Evan calmed down enough to say words. He reluctantly pulled back, messing with his hands. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have, I should've, I should have uh, not done that."

"Hey, it's okay Evan. Breath."

"It's all my fault." Evans breath started to hitch, and Jared instantly cupped Evans face with his hands.

"Hey, don't say that. Nothing is your fault, okay? Nothing!"

"No, it is, See? Cuz, because I wanted this, you know? Secretly, I dreamed of, of him dying, so, so my dreams came true." A tear fell down his face. "It's all my fault. I deserved to be with someone like him. That's all I deserve."

"Evan Hansen," Jared pleaded. "You deserve a prince. Not some abusive creep who'll treat you like some punch dummy! You deserve..." Jared trailed off, trying to find his words.

"Someone like you." Evan finished Jared sentence. "Please." He added quietly.

"Please what?" Jared asked, ignoring the pink spreading across his face.

"I just..." Evan leaned closer, his eyes fluttering shut as he dared to near Jared's lips. Jared instantly got the memo and closed the gap between them, holding Evan tight as the kissed.

Evan was the first to pull away. "Wow. I didn't... I don't think I've ever had a... a non-painful kiss."

Jared's eyes dropped for a second before he quickly pecked Evans lips. "Well, you'll never have a painful kiss again. Unless you ask for that. Then I'm at your service, your majesty."

Evan chuckled at that, getting up. "I should probably go now. Wait a few minutes after me, so, so it doesn't look weird. Or whatever. Um, whatever you want to do. Sorry."

"I'll do anything you say, my prince." Evan blushed, quickly leaving with a smile breaking free of his lips.

When Jared finally left the bathroom, he had a goofy grin on his face. He smiled to himself. That went better that I'd hoped!

Jared thoughts were instantly cut short as someone grabbed him by the collar, pulling him into a hallway.

"What the fuck man?"

"Jared, please tell me you didn't have anything to do with Connors death."

Jared's heart dropped. "What?"

"Connors death." Alana stated. "We were just talking about how you hated him, and everyone knows you love Evan. Did you kill Connor?"

"What? No! Alana, first of all, do you really think I could kill him? Second, they told us the lava lamp killed him, right? How could I have done anything?"

Alana thought for a moment. "Okay. Okay, fine. I trust you."

Jared let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Just... promise me you'd tell me if you did something... dangerous, okay? I want to help you. I don't want you getting hurt, okay?"

"Okay," Jared said, knowing already that his promise was broken. "I promise."