Tree Bros- That's Not My Name

If any of you have read the first chapter of the Dear Evan Hansen Novel, you'll understand

"Evan."

"Yes?"

"Evan Hansen."

"Yes?" Evan asked again, thinking that maybe his boyfriend just hadn't heard him.

"Evan... Murphy."

"What? No." Evan said, now realizing that Connor was just trying to make him blush. "Connor Hansen. You'd take my last name."

"Shit, you fucking right." Connor said, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Jared gaged from across the table. "Do you really have to do that here? And Connor, you know that's not his real first name, right?"

Connor glanced at Evan, but Evan was too busy glaring at Jared. "Wait, Evan, what?"

"Oh yeah! I remember that. I always forget that your first name isn't actually Evan. Yeah, because in chemistry in tenth grade, Mr.Liv said-"

"Shut up." Evan hissed at Alana.

"Wait, what's the big deal?" Zoe asked. "Why do you hate your first name so much? It's not that bad."

Evan sighed. "It was my dads first name. So like, you know. Any association with him is uh, it's not, like, fun. You know?"

"Okay, but," Jared started talking, which was never a good thing. "You can make funny jokes with your name. Well, excuse me, I can make funny jokes with your name."

"What is your first name?" Connor asked quietly.

"Jared's probably about to tell you." Evan whispered back, watching Jared like a hawk.

Jared laughed as he thought of his joke, a wild look in his eyes. "Oh hi Mark." He said in his best impersonation.

"God, I, I hate you so, I hate you so much sometimes."