Boyf Riends- Deaf AU

Requested by @WitheringCrow

"Don't sign to me in that tone!" Jeremy signed. "I just asked if you like pineapple on pizza!"

Michael overly sighed, rolling his eyes. "Sweetheart, no."

"No?"

"No." Jeremy quietly chuckled to himself as he ordered the pizza online. "Okay. Thank you. That was difficult."

Michael smiled, kissing his boyfriend on the cheek. He backed up so Jeremy could see his words. "Want to..." Michael paused, trying to think of the word. "Hug? On the couch?"

Jeremy chuckled to himself quietly. "Cuddle?"

Michael nodded his head quickly, picking Jeremy up, twirling him around. Jeremy laughed loudly, blushing bright red as Michael placed him on the couch.

"Hold on." Michael signed, racing to the kitchen to get some popcorn. He came back, making sure to not scare Jeremy. He handed the bowl, and Jeremy signed "Thank you."

The boys turned to the tv, Michael putting on some old school movie they liked, making sure to put subtitles on the screen. He threw his arm around Jeremy's shoulder, pulling Jeremy in closer.

About thirty minutes in, Michael heard the doorbell. He glanced over at Jeremy, who was too engrossed in the movie to notice the doorbell alarm thing he'd set up for himself.

Michael chuckled, getting up. "Pizza." He signed. Jeremy nodded his head, letting Michael get up.

Michael returned with two boxes of pizza, placing one in front of Jeremy. "Thank you."

"No problem."

Michael continued to watch the movie, not noticing how Jeremy had stopped watching. His thoughts were rapidly floating through his head, with one main question on his mind. Okay, make that several.

"Michael?" Michael saw that Jeremy was signing, so he quickly turned to face him.

"Do you... am I a weight? On you?"

It took Michael a second to understand what Jeremy was trying to say, but he quickly shook his head. "No. Why do you think that?"

Jeremy shrugged, fiddling with the blunt wrapped around them. "I'm deaf."

"So?" Michael asked.

"It's just. I don't know." Jeremy looked away, taking a pause before he turned to Michael. "I just really want to hear your voice. Christine said you can sing."

"She's lying." Michael signed quickly. Jeremy gave him a look, and Michael reluctantly agreed. "I can sing."

"I wish I could hear it. That's all."

Michael bit his lips, deciding if he should tell Jeremy yet. Looking at how heartbroken Jeremy was, Michael realized he couldn't put Jeremy through this any longer. He should know.

"For your birthday, I bought you...surgery."

"Surgery?" Jeremy signed, confused.

"So you can hear. It'll be a few more weeks, and I don't know how painful, but-"

Michael cut himself off as Jeremy launched himself over the pizza, hugging Michael like he was the only thing keeping him alive. Michael could feel tears fall into his hoodie, but he made no motion to move Jeremy.

"I love you. So much." Michael said out loud, knowing Jeremy wouldn't hear him.