Kleinsen- OOML pt2

"Jared. For the last freaking time, you look hot. It's okay."

Jared crossed his arms over his stomach, glaring at Alana. "How do you know I was thinking about that? I'm not. I'm... checking the time."

"By looking in the mirror?" Alana asked. "Nice save, Romeo."

Jared sighed, turning back to the mirror. "Why did I agree to a date? This is probably a pity party or something. How much do you want to bet he ditches?"

"He won't. He's nice, Jared. He's good for you. I promise." Alana straighten her blouse, and fixed a strand of Jared hair. "Okay. You're going to go to the café and have fun, relax a bit, and just chill out with Evan. I'm going to the movies with Connor, so just fair warning, I won't see my phone for a while."

She paused, glancing around their apartment. "Okay, and then I'll help you with your project, and we can clean the bathroom when we get home."

"Thank you, Alana." Jared said, knowing Alana needed to think things out loud. "Are you taking the car?"

"Yes." She glanced at the clock, nearly jumping. "You have to leave! Go! Love you! Get some!"

"Never speak to me again!"

————

"Oh my god, I'm so so sorry. I'm so sorry. I, I got lost, and then I started panicking, and then I just, girls were, and I, I couldn't-"

"Hey, it's okay." Jared said, getting up so he could pull Evans chair out for him. "Sit. Breath. It'll all be okay."

"Thank you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Ev. To be honest I thought you wouldn't show at all, so like, you just gracing me with your presence is enough."

"Why, why wouldn't I? Wouldn't I show up?"

"Well..." Jared said, trailing off. "You're the lead vocalist in my favorite band. I'm a fan who's an overall nerd and awkward person. So you do the math, hot stuff."

"But, but I'm awkward too! And, and you're incredibly funny! I... I like you." Evan gave Jared a weak smile, his face blushing as Jared tried to ignore his own blush.

Quickly changing the topic, Evan cleared his throat. "Uh, so did you, did you order?"

Jared held up his coffee mug. "Yeah. Wanted to get something Incase you didn't show. But I can order something for you if you want me to. You have anxiety, right?"

"Social anxiety. But, um, yes. I do."

"Alright. What do you want? I'll get it for you."

"Oh, no you don't, you don't have to."

"Too late. Don't you like, love hot chocolate?" Evan reluctantly nodded his head.

"Perfect. Now just sit your pretty little butt down while I order." Jared turned to go order, instantly regretting ever opening his mouth.

Evan sat back blushing. Does he really think I'm cute? Wow. A hot guy thinks I'm... attractive.

Evan felt a camera go off near him, and he turned. To his horror, a swarm of girls had crowded around the cafés window, taking pictures of him. Evan instantly stood up, grabbing Jared's coffee and walking fast towards him in the line.

"Hey Evan. What's wrong?" Jared asked, already ordered and waiting. "Changed your mind about what you want?"

"Girls. Swarms of them. Hurry." Evan mumbled, keeping his back turned away from them.

"Oh shit. You right." The barista called their name, and Jared quickly grabbed Evans drink. "Okay, come out this way. My apartment is down the street, maybe we can book it."

"Are you sure?" Evan asked. "I could just, uh, split."

"What, and separate us? Absolutely not. It's you they want. I can distract them."

"I know. I was gonna... let you go? So you don't have to deal with them." Evan said meekly.

"Yeah, fat chance. Okay, so we're gonna go down this way, and see that stop sign? Go right and it's the green building. Just go there, Okay?"

Evan nodded his head, fighting back a smile.

"Three, two, one, go!" They boys raced out of the café, laughing all the way to Jared's apartment. They finally made it, and Jared fumbled with the keys before eventually opening it and shutting it behind them. "That was fucking close. You okay?"

Jared tried to check Evan, but was interrupted by Evans lips on his. Evan pushed fiercely against Jared's lips, holding him close. Jared melting into the kiss, holding Evans waist. Their firework show was interrupted by the front door opening, and Alana and Connor kissing as the door swung open.

Alana opened her eyes, and jumped back instantly. Connor opened his eyes instantly, and they started glaring at Evan. "Well fuck. One of us has to go."