Boyf Riends- 25

"Michael! Let's agree on something."

"Sure," Michael said, smiling at his best friend. "Anything for you!" He smiled, his baby teeth showing.

"When we turn twenty five, if we aren't dating anyone else, we will immediately start dating each other." Jeremy said with determination.

"Sounds perfect to me!" Michael said, already planning on how to sabotage all of Jeremy's future dates. "Wanna go play kings and peasants?"

"Yeah!"

"What are you thinking about, Micha?"

Michael jumped slightly, glancing at Jeremy. "What?"

"I said, what are you thinking about? You've been on edge like, all day!" Jeremy said, fixing his tie. "Do you want me to cancel the date tonight? But like, you'd know what that means..." Jeremy trailed off, both knowing that Jeremy's twenty fifth birthday was tomorrow, meaning both would be of age.

"Yeah, yeah I know. Go uh, go out. It's okay. I'm fine." Michael said, forcing a smile on his face to mask the fear of loosing him.

"You sure you'll be alright?" Jeremy asked, fixing his suit.

"Yeah Jere. Go have fun! Score a date if you can." Michael said, forcing enthusiasm in his voice.

"Okay, okay. Okay! I'm going. Bye Micha, don't be reckless!"

"Dude, I'm gonna have so many hot chicks over."

"You're... you're gay?"

"That's my fucking point, dude. Now go! Have fun!" He pushed a laughing Jeremy out of their apartment. As soon as he closed the door, he slid to the ground. He pulled out his phone, calling the only other person he knew who could help him.

"Hello?"

"Hey Brooke." Michaels voice cracked slightly as he took a breath. "What's up?"

"I'm coming over with all of the Star Wars DVD's I have and a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I'll be there in a few."

"Brooke, you're the best."

"I know."

---

"Like, I don't know man. It just sucks. Like, he always goes out with people, and most times he doesn't want me to meet them and I just feel like, hurt, you know?"

Brooke nodded rubbing Michaels hand.

"Like, I've always been there for him. He hurt me, fuck, I'm still here, you know? And, and I just want something. I just want... him."

"Shush, hey, it's okay baby. It's okay." Brooke said in her comforting voice. She pulled Michael closer to her, letting him cry on his shoulder. "Well, it sounds like to me that he loves you just as much as you do. I mean, I've known you guys since what, eleventh grade? I've always known you two were soulmates. I can see it in your eyes." Brooke rubbed Michaels back, humming a tune.

"And... I mean, personally, if it were me of course, I feel like I would strike tonight."

"Strike?" Michael asked quietly.

"Yeah, Like uh, when he gets home. Push him against a wall and make out with him because he won't understand your hints. Boys are stupid. No offense."

"None taken. And I guess I will. I don't know, I'll try I gu-"

Both of their heads turned as they heard Jeremy put his key into the front door. Brooke shot up and rushed over to the window. She pushed it open and jumped out, landing on the apartment stairs. She gave Michael a thumbs up a shut the window, just in time.

"Hey Micha, what's up? What'd you do?"

Michael stood up, a look of determination on his face. "Michael? You okay?"

Michael got closer, forcing Jeremy to press against the wall behind him. "Jeremy Heere, I've loved you since before we made that promise. I've loved you so fucking much it makes my heart hurt."

Jeremy grabbed Michaels face, pulling him closer. "Thank god, I've always wanted you." He whispered, hovering above Michaels lips.

"Then fucking take me."