Tree Bros- Z-O-M-B-I-E-S pt2

"Zombies! Run!"

Evan whipped around, looking towards the screams. The cheer room became hectic, and Evan took this as an opportunity to try and find that boy again. He picked up his duffle bag, running down the hallway. He turned a corner, and ran right into someone.

"I'm so so sorry, I'm a mess, I just-" Evan stopped himself, glancing up. "Hey! It's, it's you! Hi!"

"Hi." The tall boy chuckled, running a hand thought his green hair. He then brought he hand down to help Evan up. "Sorry. I'm... a mess."

"No, no, it's okay. I'm way more of a mess." Evan said meekly, holding his duffle bag tightly. "So... uh. Hi. I'm Evan. Uh, Evan Hansen."

"Connor Murphy. Nice to met you, Normie."

Evan chuckled slightly, smiling up at Connor. "Well, now we can-"

"Zombie!"

Without hesitation, Evan grabbed Connors hand and dragged him down the hall towards a big metal room. "In here, quick!"

"What is this place?" Connor asked.

"It's a zombie safe room! So if you guys are ever in trouble, you come here!"

Connor internally cringed. "Uh, Yeah. That's not what it's for. It's for you to hide from us."

"Oh. Oh my god. I'm so... I'm so sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. You're actually talking to me, so that's definitely a step up from everyone else."

Silence filled the room, with the gently buzzing of the refrigerators in the background.

"You guys are treated like shit."

Connor Murphy couldn't hold back the laugh in his throat. "Well no shit."

"I'm sorry." Evan said quietly. "You guys don't deserve it. You have, you have the watches, and you guys are like, super nice, and... I don't know. They all say that you guys are ugly, but I just don't see it."

Connor felt his heart swell, but he tried to hide it. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah." Evan said, growing more confident. "You for example. You're just..." Evan moved closer to Connor, secretly taking him all in. "You're..."

Connor rolled his eyes, stepping back a bit. "Look, you don't have to rub it in. I know zombies are a mistake and ugly, but we-"

"I was gonna say beautiful." Evan said forcefully. "I was gonna say beautiful."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry, I should've-"

Connor moved closer, cupping Evans cheek with his hand. Evan leaned in closer, standing on his tiptoes to reach. They could feel each other's breath on their lips, and subconsciously they both smiled.

The door slammed open, and the two boys jumped back. "Evan! There you are!"

Evan meekly hunched over, allowing Jared, his cheer leader to grab him. "Get away from him Zoma-freak. We don't want to be infected with the ugly."