Chapter 5: The Doll House

"H-huh...?" Freddie sat up and rubbed his back. It wasn't as painful as before. It was numb and stinging, blocking most of the pain.

He gazed around his surroundings. Definitely not in the void he and DollFace first met in. He was in another dark but not too dark void that was more warm but not so welcoming either.

He sighed in relief. He was alive. He was breathing and thank god that he wasn't hungry. But was he awake?

His eyes wondered everywhere. Questions filled his messed-up mind. He felt awake. He looked awake. There isn't any cursive writing like the last chapter for the past few seconds so, maybe?

Yes. He was in between Dream and reality. He was in a void of memories and flashbacks. At least that's what the child-mind-in-a-teenage-boy thought. Rectangular, square-shaped and circular windows were floating in space.

   Well, supposed to be floating in space Freddie was in but something was slightly odd. DollFace showed him this place before but he didn't remember when. It's just as if DollFace didn't want to keep the memory of the void in Freddie's head forever.

The place was supposed to be bright and filled with Freddie's happy memories behind white window sills but instead, the whole place looked deserted and dreadfully silent. It's still warm but in a creepy way like being hugged by tall and invisible creatures.

The boy gazed at everything and anything. The questions continued to invade his mind. Poor boy. Strange things had been happening to (and visiting) him in less than a week. What do those 'things' want from him?

Not DollFace. He noticed the other shadows before ever since he was small (and before he died). Lean and tall, skinny and horrifying, smokey and misty,.. He remembered some of their features but at the same time, questions continued to fill in as well.

'Where are all the other windows? Why did I end up here? Where's DollFace? Where's my Kaity-Waity?? Is she okay? Are they okay???'

PZIIIIIT!!

Two windows flew in a short distance in front of Freddie. One was rectangular with white pane and the other was a square-shaped with black pane. Colourful blurry objects and things were moving behind the closed windows, reminding Freddie of one of those rainbow popsicle sticks he saw in the supermarket last time.

Desperate to know why he was there, he walked towards it, hot wind hitting his face as he forged on. From a single step to the thirteenth, he was soon facing the rectangular window. He reached out for it and gently pushed it open, greeted by a cold gust of wind, giving the boy a feeling of optimism.

He stuck his head into the window. From the outside, it looked like a mushed up rainbow but once he took a look on the inside, it turned out to be a single window of a red velvety room with white painted corners.

He looked at his sides for caution before jumping in the room, landing softy on his feet and making a soft thud with it.

BANG!

He spun around to see the window closed shut by itself. Once he started struggling to open it by its handles, he realised that it was no use. It was stuck. He was stuck.

He sighed in defeat before looking around. Like in description, he was in a room with red velvety walls and white corners. The room was in its own temperature and the bright and golden chandelier light reflected the white vanity mirror at the left corner of the room, causing it to shine everywhere, invading any dark corners.