Chapter 17: Flashbacks That Were Meant To Be Forgotten

(The Drawings In This Chapter Are by: Smile ! [sorry that I keep on tagging ya 😅])

Nicolas smacked Mr.Trust at the back of his head lightly but still earned a painful grunt from him.

"Ack!"

The leader's eyes narrowed by anger behind his goggles but like always, tried his best to stay calm for the sake of the other two NKVMs looking a bit nervous behind him and the agent.

"Face the road," he said bluntly to the agent.

Before earning a smack at the head, Mr.Trust was daydreaming and wasn't focusing on the road, nearly causing the car to crash at a nearby tree. Gladly but sadly, the car did touched the tree but only the right side mirror was chipped off of its place.

What was he daydreaming about? Actually, it was about 'that day'. It was just a short flashback but how can he forget such a disturbing and horrific day?

That day when he lost his faith and his trust in most people. That day when he thought he'll never be complete or happy again. That day when his heart was ripped into tiny little pieces but he decided not to put it back together just to purposely ruin his mind and made it worst by drinking alcohol every single night.

"I-I was," Mr.Trust accidentally stammered but still kept a straight face on.

Sheena noticed his unusualness and ripped her eyes away from the window she was leaning on. "Why?"

Mr.Trust, not really getting her, glanced at Sheena through the rear mirror for a quick second to ask back.

"Why what?"

"Why are you helping us? We need an answer here."

"Hey," Winter started off with a whisper but it was loud enough to enter everyone's eardrums. "N-no more secrets, Mr.Trust. I-i-it's getting oh so tiring. F-Freddie never to-told us about the little doll g-girl and now h-he's gone! Along with A-A-Annie!"

Brought upon them was another uncomfortable pause. Mr.Trust stopped the car and parked it temporarily when the red light of the tall traffic light was on. He was the first in line.

A couple of cars, a white Jeep was behind Mr.Trust's car and a red Mercedes at his left, stopped as well. Their windows were tainted so it was hard to see who the Drivers were.

Mr.Trust sighed over the Low humming of the air-conditioner and engine. "Do you really need to know?"

"Yes," Nicolas, Sheena and Winter replied a millisecond after he said that.

"U-unless you want to get captured by monsters, then...." Winter trailed off.

The thought of being kidnapped made Mr.Trust shiver slightly and sigh again. This time, it sounded depressing and was kept from others for a long time.

"Fine."

Mr.Trust reached his hand for the handle of the dashboard above his lap but to his dismay, the green light was back on. He groaned, knowing that he had to continue driving and this time, focus more on the road ahead of him.