Chapter 40: The Fault's At Stake

"Why me?! Kaitlynn's the one who broke my brother!"

   "And where is Freddie's brother? 'The Mature One'?"

   "Uhhhh..."

   Inside a closet, Eliza was having rather an interesting conversation with the fellow human (and making him feel contempt when being reminded by facts and memories said by Eliza herself).

   "If you must know, Freddie and Kaitlynn are both good people. Chales cared for them and they didn't do anything wrong, except when Kaitlynn--."

   Eliza paused and remembered the conclusion to when their memories were erased, confusing Mark a little by her sudden halt until she continued.

   "Look, Mark. By my point of view, Freddie moved on and decided to be with Bee Pie but Kaitlynn's a whore to get him back."

   "Oh, you don't say," Mark rolled his eyes out of sarcasm. "If it makes you feel better, she and I broke up. Now there's no reason to be mad at any of us right about now."

   "Oh there is. You just didn't realise it," Eliza said without an expression.

   Mark blinked twice and then stared at her in suspicion,"What do you mean..?"

   Folding her arms, Eliza asked him back,"Ever considered wearing protection whenever executing sexual intercourse with a girl?"

   Mark looked as if he had been shot through the chest by a poisonous bullet mercilessly.

   It forced him to think,'Shit, I-I didn't wear it when Kaitlynn and I-.'

   "Seriously?!" Eliza's offended voice snapped Mark back into reality. He could tell that she knew about his little predicament. "You didn't wear--Okay, that's just..."

   The male let out a yelp when Eliza pulled the front of his top roughly and made him look at her. She was surprisingly strong for her size, considering the fact that Mark was taller than her and he was pretty built behind his clothes.

   In a threatening and venom-filled tone, Eliza warned Mark with her mouth that changed itself into the darkest shade of black. (It was in the same colour as her eyes)

   "Listen to me. I don't know why Chales would let a fuck-boy like you enter this shelter for Children and others but if I see any little signs of your ex-girlfriend becoming or being pregnant to your child, therefore most of The Caretakers here and I will have your head cracked open like an egg. Whether Chales like it or not, we will show him how unworthy you are to enter this building and this freaking cross-over book."

   "J-Jeez, calm down. Kaitlynn's a humanoid. Sure, she's got the 'parts' b-but that doesn't mean she could give birth to a child like a female human could!" Mark retorted shakily, attempting to defend himself.

   He quickly snapped his head away from her for a bit, muttering,"Not anymore, at least."

   "And how do you know?!" Eliza screeched as her line of patience grew even thinner. "What if she does give birth to your child in the future?! Will she or/and the child live on healthily?! Will the child be corrupted, knowing that they have a heartless and selfish imbecile for a father?!"

   "SHUT UP!!" Mark roared and shoved Eliza away with hot tears in his eyes but she didn't budge much. She only released her hands from him and glared back at him. "WANT ME TO BE HONEST FOR ONCE?! WANT TO SEE MORE OF MY SHITTY PERSONALITY?! THEN FINE! IF THE CHILD WAS EVER BORN, I WILL FUCKING MURDER IT! THEN, I'LL SLAUGHTER KAITLYNN! BUT SINCE YOU'RE BEING SO STUCK-UP ABOUT A CHILD THAT HASN'T BEEN BORN, THEN WHY DON'T YOU LET ME GO SO THAT I CAN KILL MY STUPID ASS BROTHER FOR INTRODUCING KAITLYNN TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!"

   "THE FAULT SHOULD NOT BE SET UPON YOUR OWN BROTHER!" Eliza exclaimed. Her thin line of patience had become nonexistent.

   She breathed hard as she continued to argue. "Freddie... Happy Boy... H-he's the innocent one. Even if he's... not his real self anymore,.. even if he's now a humanoid,.. He'll always be... a 'Good-Good Boy'. MY... Good-Good Boy."

   She looked down at her feet and shut her eyes tightly.

   "Always," she repeated hoarsely.

<^><^><^><^><^>

   "--And then, we're going to get married, and then ask Mr.Stork to bring us babies, and then--!"

   "Kaitlynn is very lucky to have a nice boy like you around," Eliza laughed inwardly so suddenly, cutting off the child in a light way.

   Happy Boy gazed up at her and smiled. As usual. "Yeah! She's my princess, after all. I'll do anything I can to make her happy!"

   Eliza looked down at him. Even though her eyes showed darkness but they also revealed worry. "Happy Boy, I know you love her very much but please remember to love yourself and feel free to follow any right decisions."

   "Hmmm... Okaaaay," Happy Boy tapped his chin, tending to decipher Eliza's statement by a bit.

   "No problem! I already love myself aaaaand I'll keep on following Kaitlynn's decisions because whatever decision she makes will always feel and be right!"

   "What about the time she tricked you by replacing the sugar in your donut with salt? You ended up vomiting your dinner out."

   "Well, maybe she can be a liiiittle wrong with some of the choices she makes but that doesn't matter! I, Prince Fred-Bear of FluffyStuffingsUtopia, will still love her!"

   Eliza then laughed along with him...

<^><^><^><^><^>

   They stood there staring intensely at each other before Eliza moved her head away from Mark and walked towards the only door of the dusty room.

   "You really should've picked a better partner and followed the correct path. Pity how you let your lascivious desires push you away from your 'bright-but-now-forgotten' future," Eliza clearly expressed, hearing Mark growl lowly from behind her.

   She opened the door wide and then let the light from the outside pour into the closet like the heaven's brightness.

   She looked over at Mark. "I'll leave you here to think of who's the real being at fault. For now, let this be a lesson for choosing a girlfriend who's prideful of her own fantasies and to herself... A girlfriend who reminded me of DollFace's brot--."

   Like before, she stopped herself and then stared at the light's source. Walking out of the closet, she muttered her final word to the human,

   "Nevermind."