Chapter 47: His First Kill

After exiting the room of the dark arts, Happy Boy wished to see DollFace but for some reason, she was not where he thought she would be at.

   'She's probably with the other Children,' Happy Boy thought with hope.

   He then tried looking for Bee. Coincidentally, he was close by to the lounge; a place which he successfully and correctly guessed that she was in there.

   'Strange,' he thought but shrugged the feeling off and went up to Bee who was dancing her heart away.

   "Hi-Hi!" He greeted in his usual cheerful manner, waving his hand a little.

   Swiftly, Bee halted herself and gasped, squealing straight after,"Hi-hi and YAAAAY! You're back!"

   She skipped to him and hugged him, receiving a hug back. "So! How was it? Like nothing? Painful?? I hope it not painful!"

   "Nah, it's okay." Grinned Happy Boy. "Did I miss anything?"

   Bee pulled back from the hug and hummed. "Well, since you're now a Junior Care-Care of this place, I think it's about time I show you 'that gateway'."

   Without a doubt, Bee pulled Happy Boy towards another door. It had an image of a button on it along with four pairs of two lines at each 'corner'. The word 'Gate' was burned onto an iron plate right above the button. Bee then threw the door open with cartoonish ease. Most importantly, the things behind it were out of normality like almost everything in The Orphanage.

   "Woah, where does this lead?!" Happy Boy asked in awe.

   Waves of glowing blue and turquoise spun around like a hypnotist's clock from within the opened door. Just like a portal.

   "It iiiiiis-DUM DUM DUUUM! The gate to many Children's worlds!" Bee replied with jazz hands at the end.

   But before any further explanation,..

   "Coming, OFFLINE!"

   Bee replied after TV-headed caretaker called her from outside the lounge. She quickly closed the door and planted a kiss onto Happy Boy's cheek, heading to the other caretaker afterwards. Happy Boy waved when he and OFFLINE saw each other and the other did the same before leaving.

   "Welp, gotta try and find DollFace," Happy Boy spoke to himself and planned to leave when another interruption occured.

   "No! Please! Let me go!"

   When Happy Boy turned to the closed gate, it was not a surprise that he swung it back open once he heard the distressed voice.

   Instead of the double swirling colours, they were replaced by a vision of a middle-aged man dragging a crying little girl. Every person who passed by them would question the man but he would tell them that he was her dad, even though the girl kept on opposing loudly with waterfall-like tears.

   Happy Boy observed in silence but also in anger. Oddly, the man nor the girl saw him. He then realised from a further distance that another man was frantically looking and he too noticed that the girl was in trouble.

   Did the room just dropped its temperature to less than zero degrees? Whatever the room itself was thinking, Happy Boy did not freeze by it. Although he had his meaty body back, he was not at all cold and the aftermath of watching the three people at the other side of the gate was a voice.

   A voice unheard of by many yet very familiar.

   A voice Happy Boy wished to hear whenever his stepmother yelled at him.

   A voice that was usually soft and cheery but was twisted by the anger in its tone on that very moment.

   His mother's voice.

   "DON'T TOUCH HER."

   It was a simple yet threatening message... and it repeated. It repeated and made the rage within Happy Boy grow like deadly lava rising up from within a desperate volcano.

   "DON'T TOUCH HER DON'T TOUCH HER DON'T TOUCH HER DON'T TOUCH HER DON'T TOUCH HER DON'T TOUCH HER—..!"

   SNAP!

   "DON'T TOUCH HER!"

***

   She tried to escape from the man. She really did but when she accidentally stumbled upon a corner, the man overshadowed and threatened her to be quiet.

   "If you don't shut up, I will make you." His voice was low and hoarse as if he had been drinking and had forgotten (or did not bother) to gulp down water.

   Although it was only one warning, it was enough to make the girl hold back her whimpers but her tears were uncontrollable. This satisfied the man but he noticed how the girl was eyeing over his head, seeing orbs widened as if the man was no longer dangerous to her but someone or rather something else was.

   He tensed up when a sharp, skinny and tall shadow loomed over from behind him. For a guy who was brave enough to take a child away, he was scared shitless and did not dare to look behind.

   The owner of the peculiar shade gestured quietly at the girl, making her close her eyes and look away. The way she chose to cover her ears as well was enough to snap the man back to reality and turn around to face none other than Phantom.

   Phantom showed no hesitation nor mercy upon the man, grabbing him and taking him up into the cold cloudless sky.

   What came after that were gruesome gorey scenes of the creature killing the screwy human. Suggested by the beloved helper of this book, it is considered best to not state what exact tortures he did to the man before death tore him away from earth.

   After the murdering moment, Phantom gently landed from the air and was in time to look back to see a couple of policemen and two parents rushing to the poor girl, hugging her and telling her that they would not let her out of their sights ever again.

   Phantom did not greet them but took minutes to smile and leave without a word.

***

   When Happy Boy returned, Encam and Trodie were unprepared to see him.

   They were in the middle of a conversation when Happy Boy appeared before you can say Jack Robinson right in front of them but not in the form they expected him to be in.

   "AI! SHAITT!" Screamed Trodie in his thick Irish accent.

   "OM—FUCK!!" Cursed Encam who allowed Trodie to cling onto him like a frightened kitty.

   In the form of Phantom, Happy Boy then understood why they screamed and briskly changed back into his original figure.

   "Hey there," he chuckled awkwardly at them.