Chapter 10: One Of Us

(Drawing by: Smile )

"H-hey!" Ameenah gasped, pushing her Brother away and stopped writhing as she pointed at the TV screen that seemed to switch on by itself.

It showed a boy wearing a blood-stained blue t-shirt and short black sleeves along with a black button for an eye. The blood seemed to come from it.

'No,' Nicolas thought. 'I-it's not-.'

"Freddie!" Ameenah and Lizzy cried in unison and not realising that they interrupted their leader's thought, their eyes widened like the rest. They were relieved, to say the least.

Everyone faced the TV as the brightness of it increased and the light bulbs above them popped like fireworks, making them yelp for a short moment. Oh well. The lights won't be back anytime soon.

Their eyes focused on the television screen again. A sudden realisation hit them all. Lizzy and Ameenah were telling the truth. There stood Freddie talking to a tall purple and red clothed and skinned being with a red button for a left eye.

"Who the fuck is that?" Lizzy asked, scared and walked backwards, eventually bumped onto the wrecked sharp sofa corner and yelled out in pain, her voice travelled around the room and seemed to make a few statics appear on the television screen.

Its wide screen made Low droning sounds into the ears of the gang standing there. She covered her mouth quickly when she realised the sounds were made because of her. Sheena only rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Y-you.."

The rest turned to face Mr.Trust whose eyes were beginning to tear up. They were shocked. He pointed at the screen and at the tall inhuman-like figure as if the 'person' could hear him.

"H-he-!... Y-YOU-!"

Everyone froze when they saw the red and purple figure face the gang through the screen as if he knew they were watching him. His red button eye sent shivers down Nicolas's spine, remembering Freddie, and the red stitches covering his left socket and only owned a left arm with no hands Nor fingers was a bit of a scary sight to see.

"Freddie's our child now," He said in a calming and strange voice, statics appearing and disappearing as he did so. "He's not human nor his fake self....He's a Children."

The only one who wasn't completely paying attention to the colourful being was Hazim who was studying the area Freddie and that 'person' was at. There stood a big mansion-like building that looked like an old-fashioned orphanage with a dark background.

The building owned three even storeys, a huge front and backyard, tall green hedges around the area but there were also metal fences around the front yard as if protecting the orphanage with its sharp metal away from intruders.

In a flick, the television was turned off, leaving the gang in total darkness. The air felt damp and eerie. Cold sweat poured down Sheena's forehead as she sighed shakily.

They all felt tired. They had been screaming and some had been crying. Most of their energy wasted because of that. Oh, and don't forget overthinking and overreacting.