Chapter 20: We're Waiting For You

"Nic, wake your girlfriend and friend up," Mr.Trust mentioned. "We're almost there."

   "I'm awake," Sheena groaned as she rubbed her eyes and faced Mr.Trust with tired but somehow serious eyes.

   Nicolas twisted his back a bit to see Winter still asleep and resting her head at the door. Her cape looked like a blanket for her and her soft hood a pillow.

   Nicolas stretched his left arm towards Winter and shook her leg slightly. "Win-win, wake up."

   "ACK!" Winter woke up in a fast jolt and slapped Nicolas's hands away like a quick after reaction.

   She stared at Sheena and then Nicolas and then at Mr.Trust by the rear mirror with fear in her eyes. She was breathing hard and shaking. Was she having a nightmare?

   "You 'Kay, kid?" Mr.Trust asked but didn't stare into her eyes, thinking that could make things a big worse for the 'shy-bean'.

   Winter looked down before wiping off her tears and nodding. Nicolas sighed of relief before smiling softly, knowing that Winter will get comfortable when he is comfortable. Sheena only stared before looking out of the window silently.

   It was a calm ride on the way home. Mr.Trust had 'given up' on finding Happy Boy after reaching their final destination and that is to the 'Applegorey Orphanage' which was definitely not the orphanage Happy Boy was in.

   To be a hundred percent clear, that orphanage was in fact the worst. There were orphans crying everywhere and the lady behind the counter seemed to not mind it at all!

   "They'll stop crying eventually," she said bluntly and turned the page of the magazine she was reading, not even making eye contact with Mr.Trust and the other three.

   Back to their way home, before, Mr.Trust was already planning their trip to the United Kingdom with the help of his trusted agents but the private planes were used by the Nobel families from out country that was currently living in Norway for who knows how long and because of that, Mr.Trust decided to go back to square one. Or zero. He had a good point though and a good reason to fall back; exhaustion and it was visibly helpless.

   Nicolas and the two other girls had no other choice but to accept that but their thoughts were still filled with questions since the day their friends began to disappear and we couldn't blame them. Mostly 'where is the other car?' or even 'where are the other four at?' kind of questions. And yes. Still with the Happy Boy ones.

   Going up the hill and towards the mansion, both Mr.Trust and Nicolas had one of the most unsettling feeling in their guts. Anxiousness and overwhelming curiosity for no reason!

   "Okay, guys," Mr.Trust said out loud. "Just be careful in the mansion."

   Sheena and Winter seemed confused but nodded and Nicolas just nodded along and still trying to figure out the odd feeling he had.

   It felt like you were about to vomit something even hotter than vomit itself but was held back by the throat, causing it to slide back down but because it didn't want to stay inside. It keeps on trying to escape, making both Nicolas and Mr.Trust nauseous.

   Mr.Trust finally lost the feeling once he came in front of the tall building. Nicolas, however, still had it.