Chapter 29: What A T1m3 To Be Alive

"You okay, Man?" Blind Boy questioned Manny who had slouched his back and looked ashamed because of what happened earlier.

The boy with the red hoodie who walked side-by-side with the being with the numerous amount of flesh being stitched together actually followed him by walking down hallways and towards both of their bedrooms to rest.

It was literally three in the morning during that time but Blind Boy didn't managed to sleep for some reason. Even remembering Encam's jokes from the day before were surprisingly not good enough to knock him out.

But before the two walked, thought he was only thirsty, Blind Boy went down to the kitchen to get a drink and then planned to go back to his room when he noticed the door of Manny's bedroom was open and his friend wasn't even in that room.

After drinking and leaving to check on Manny, Blind Boy saw Chales and Roselyn giving Manny some sort of lecture (but not the 'over-the-top-strict-or-overly-serious' kind). Not wanting to join in any shenanigans, he didn't get too close to them.

And since he somehow wasn't feeling so sleepy, he chose to wait for his friend.

When turning around to head towards the end of the hallway all four of them were in, he saw Kaitlynn's bedroom door open by a crack and spotted her sitting on her bed and looking back at him in surprise.

Looking as if he had spotted her many times before, Blind Boy smiled casually and waved and the blonde did as well but more towards the suspicion side with her eyes squinting and the way she slowly waved her hand. This made him chuckle softly.

He helped Kaitlynn by closing the door for her and then halted when he realised that he wasn't hearing much of Chales or Roselyn's voices. But only a faint voice of Chales, saying,

"You can see Kaitlynn bright and early tomorrow. Now get some rest, Manny. You'll need it."

Looking at his side, he didn't see Chales and his wife standing there anymore but he saw Manny with an expression so sad and guilty. To try and cheer the caretaker up, Blind Boy went to him and let him know that he'll be accompanying him to their bedrooms.

   You might be wondering why Manny was excited to see Kaitlynn. But what you should really know is that he was thought to be an imaginary friend by Kaitlynn when she was younger.

   After getting brainwashed with her mother and Happy Boy with his father by Eyevie, Manny missed Kaitlynn dearly that he couldn't bring himself to let her forget about him and the delightful memories they made together.

   When Kaitlynn was brought by her mother to a shop a week later, the little girl wondered off and coincidentally met Manny who was disguised as one of the mannequins of the shop (and honestly, he really wanted to see her again).

   Since she couldn't remember him because of what happened, she felt scared and was about to cry when Manny quickly told her that she was 'special' and she was 'the only one who can see him'.

   After calming down, Kaitlynn had a nice conversation with Manny when her mother wasn't around and they became good friends (again).

   From that day on, Kaitlynn kept on begging her mother to send her to that shop, only to meet Manny in one of the secret rooms of the shop and play games with him.