Chapter 32: Inner Child Voice

So dark...

   So cold...

   So full of questions...

   That's how DollFace described Happy Boy's mind during that time and when she entered it.

   DollFace closed her eyes with her hands and let the air around her push her to where she needed to go. She waited, and waited, and waited...

   Until,..

   "Eep!" DollFace squeaked when the strong air around her vanished and left her dropping down to even more darkness.

   Taking a deep breath, she cleared her mind to focus on her powers. It wasn't her first time entering her friend's head so she knew a thing or two that'll happen in Happy Boy's mind once she was there.

   After a short while, she could slowly feel herself floating. She opened her eyes to see that she was only a few centimetres off the dark chrome ground underneath her. It was so smooth that she could see her own reflection on it.

   Landing on her tiny feet gently, she stopped and closed her eyes again to focus even more of her supernatural ability. When she knew she was done, she opened her eyes and was gladly informed that she was able to see in the dark. 

   DollFace let out a sound of confusion when she felt a liquid dropping onto one of her shoulders. She twisted her neck to face her right shoulder the liquid landed on but then another dropped onto her head.

   She looked upwards but then quickly looked below her, squeaking as heavy rain was dropped onto her entire body.

   Hugging herself, she noticed that she wasn't wearing her thin nightgown because she noticed the fabric she was wearing was thick and seemed to keep her body warm even though the rain was supposed to be icy cold.

   Hesitantly opening her eyes, she soon noticed that she was wearing a puffy gown of elegance and was in the colours lavender purple and silky white.

   It was not like she mind it protecting her from the cold but she found it a little disturbing. That's when she took note that it wasn't as disturbing as the voice she heard later on. It gave her the chills even.

   "Daddy~? Where are~ you~?"

   In order to help her friend, DollFace ventured forth and in search of (who she presumed) a girl her age. Walking deeper into Happy Boy's mind, DollFace had passed by a well known area from before that was full of windows of countless memories.

   Studying each memory carefully as she walked, DollFace had learned a few more things from Happy Boy's past...

   Like, how he used to have an older brother and sister who died in a car accident on the day after his mother killed herself...

   How he and Mark used to hang out like 'besties' before he introduced his brother to Kaitlynn...

   And how he first met Winter and saved her by getting hit by a truck, instantly becoming her friend after.

   Window after window, DollFace turned from proud and happy to confused and sad when she noticed that some of Happy Boy's old and happy memories were fading,..

   ...fading that their specific windows of wooden/metallic frames were cracked or/and bent and their pane glasses of multiple colours were turning darker and darker by the minute.