Chapter 13: Welcome To The Orphanage, Child!

"Where are we going, Mister Chales?" Freddie asked groggily, still a bit sleepy, as he looked up to his left side to face none other than the red and purple creature walking straight and tall beside him.

He looked down at Freddie and smiled. "We are going home, Freddie. And no need for Mister. Please, just call me 'Chales'."

"But Kaitlynn said it would be rude," Freddie crossed his arms. "Plus! Would it be even more nicer and appropriate if I called you 'Daddy'? Because Mark said it is!"

'Chales' thought first, nearly choking at the oxygen rising from his chest because of such a statement, before asking,"Who are those... men?"

Freddie smiled innocently and said,"Mark says some of his friends are gay." He tilted his head to a side. "'Gay' means happy, right?"

He snapped his fingers and faced ahead of him. "Oh! And I also remembered that Mark said that saying that to a gay guy will make them even more happy and it'll make them excited and want to play with you!"

"One said he wanted to play with me on his bed but I didn't get the chance to reply because Kaitlynn kicked him at the pee-pee," He muttered silently but Chales didn't hear him.

Chales wanted to slap Mark for teaching Freddie such things but he always remained patient somehow. "Y-yeah. Let's keep it that way."

"But...," Chales started again. "-why are you still talking about Mark? Are you okay with him being a bad brother?"

Freddie froze. He didn't thought of that. Why did he still talk about Mark when he knew he stole the girl of his dreams?

'Maybe I'm used to listening his orders,' he thought sadly. 'Same goes Kaity-Wa-I mean, K-Kaitlynn.'

The two were walking towards the orphanage in a steady speed. Freddie soon learned that Chales was the owner of it. He protects children from bad guys and when Freddie heard that, he asked Chales for his autograph, thinking he was a superhero!

Anyways, they were just twenty minutes away from the building but it seemed longer than that. The sun was already halfway up. This caused Freddie to smile weakly and forget about what Chales asked a minute ago.

"Are my friends in there?"

Chales froze at his tracks and looked down at Freddie. Freddie looked up at him, waiting for an answer. His eyes sparkled by the sun, showing purity.

"I apologise but no-," Chales replied as politely and nicely as he can. "-but you will meet your old ones here."

'Old ones?' Freddie thought for a second. 'What about Nicolas? Hazim? Lucas?? Do they know???'

They already walked passed the metal gates and a few feet ahead of the entrance door of the building but when Freddie heard Chales's reply, he couldn't help but feel scared. He didn't show it however.

'What if Chale's secretly a bad guy?' Freddie thought and looked away from Chales. 'What if he's like that guy that nearly took me in his car? Is Chales really taking care of children... or... taking the children?'

Unfortunately, Chales noticed Freddie's silence once they reached the main door. He sighed as he gripped Freddie's shoulder lightly. Freddie looked up again. Behind his smile was fear. And Chales sensed that immediately.