Chapter 45: Dining Room Settlement [2]

(Pic above and in this chapter's by Smile!)

It was back to the dining room. Good news: once The Children and some others arrived there, The Caretakers who were there before them were standing and instantly revealing how much they have completed their tasks of fixing and upgrading the place.

But much like the last time they were there, everyone did not hesitate to gather food and enjoy their meals. It was even a special day when blueberry pancakes with extra syrup were served.

From one table, Kaitlynn was the first to arrive before some of The NKVM members did without glaring or insulting her. This surprised her but she chose not to ask them anything and be grateful for the food ahead of her.

"A packed week it has been, hasn't it?"

The fifth NKVM humanoid flinched by the popping question but gazed up at the person questioning her. It was Sheena.

"Heh, wonder how our fans are doing without us since we post videos almost everyday and I'm sure we were supposed to go on a tour and meet Alan Walker while we're there," Sheena continued with an exhausted smile, poking her fork against the soft surface of a quarter finished pancake.

"Y-Yes," Kaitlynn blurted our rather dumbly, making Sheena scoff then chuckle.

It was a good sign when hearing someone like Sheena letting out soft positive sounds and none threatening but Kaitlynn grinned nervously otherwise.

"I'm... I-I'm sure the agents back home got us covered..?" Thought Kaitlynn out loud.

After another chuckle, Sheena said,"Yeah. Sure. Those agents get to act like us for an entire week and more? Doubt that. Bet none of them knew what the heck a dab is."

Lizzy, sitting across Sheena, heard her and laughed shortly."Bro, what if we have to teach them and then they'll be like,"Why are these robotic imbeciles popular for doing unnecessary and humiliating dances done by fictional characters from a game." Like, you know how they talk. It's fucking hilarious."

"Any agent can be hilarious but Mr.Sheph is the German laughing gas, remember?" Lucas, cutting up Annie's pancakes into smaller pieces with the given utensils, chimed in. "That guy's like an Oxford Dictionary. I'm sure he'll call The Floss as..."

He cleared his throat a bit then tried to mimic what the agent would state with his unbelievably strong vocabulary and foreign accent,"The enigmatic machination or schemed motion ov two particular upper vysique parts; the limbs that could inviltrate the human bghain symbiotic to the vord 'addictions' vy—!"

He stopped to laugh very hard along with the ones who were with him. He had droplets in his eyes and he shakily wiped them off as he laughed.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just can't even. I b-bet he does it waaaay better than me," uttered Lucas in between giggles.

"I'd like to see him try," Kaitlynn voiced clearly like a sudden speaker before assembly.

It made Lizzy laugh twice as hard and almost smash her glass cup of milk onto the table, most likely imagining how the heck would The F.B.I agent make the mimicked statement more hilarious than it already was to the gang.

After a good minute, Kaitlynn sighed from laughing and was only in the fit of soft giggling. She stopped only when she felt a unimaginably soft hand on her left shoulder. She and a few others shifted to look at the owner of it but out of everyone else, Kaitlynn was the one who did not return an amiable smile.