Chapter 43: The Entity Behind That Room

Moving onto the story, most of the humanoids took their seats behind the caretakers of the right except for Happy Boy, Ameenah...

   ...and a very dead-looking Kaitlynn.

      "I-I got you, Kaity!" Happy Boy swirly offered to help the blonde onto her seat.

   She allowed him, feeling helpless as she could only feel headaches while stumbling on her feet.

   "Baby girl, are you okay?" Manny asked in worry when he saw her and took a few steps towards her.

   Happy Boy, Kaitlynn and Ameenah-since they were the top three people involved in most stuff-were to seat nearby the shadow people but closer to some standing caretakers for protection.

   So it was obvious for everyone else to see Kaitlynn's disturbing appearance which she chose to stay that way for the entire day. Her hair was strangely straight and damp, her bloodshot eyes hung dark bags underneath them and instead of wearing her usual pink T-shirt or any other shirt given by Manny, she instead wore a T-shirt of orange and midnight.

   Her reply to Manny, however, was a simple nod before staring at the ceiling yet at nothing. Her cheek resting on her left palm and the elbow it was connected to was placed on the chair's arm.

   Chales and the rest stared at her in concern before Dr.Pilly said to continue on the trial as he tend to treat the blonde.

***

   Thinking it was for the best, Dr.Pilly brought Kaitlynn to the clinic to rest.

   "Please stay here while I go get some meds," he said then went.

   Kaitlynn watched as the doctor left the room and left her on one of the beds. For the first three minutes, she could hear the birds chirping outside the closest window as well as the sounds of water droplets hitting onto the surface of the clinic's sink.

   She sighed and wondered what was taking Dr.Pilly so long until a certain being appeared before her in all his frightening glory.

   "Kaity, how are you feeling~?"

   "F-Fran,.." Kaitlynn helplessly glanced at Fran who floated to her left and smiled down at her. "Fran,.. he...lp."

   "Tch, you look fucked-up," the nightmare figure moved his eye up and down his creator's body. "And I was literately gone for a single chapter!"

   "Fran..." Whimpered Kaitlynn from the internal pain with sweat pouring down her face. "Si...ng... P-Please..."

   Fran took a moment to process what she begged him to do and then remembered a short memory of a special lullaby he sang to her.

   The two were young that time. Fran had his face in its complete form and Kaitlynn was around the age of seven. They were beaming and enjoying each other's company. It was a moment that was no longer continuing, clearly.