Chapter 41: Be Prepared

"Hmm..."

   From within the mind of Kaitlynn's, Fran had been studying 'Lusannah' from afar when he noticed a dangerously peculiar vibe from the shadow being.

   "It would seem we are not the only nightmares here, dearest Cynthia."

   "Aww~, that's fucked-up," Cynthia cursed and stomped her foot onto the pitch black grounds like a child having a little tantrum.

   "Language~," Fran warned the recent little creation who pouted as a reply.

   Fran then moved around to see through a pair of huge eye-shaped windows that made the world outside the mind visible to him and his little spawn.

   He and Cynthia watched as Kaitlynn (who was on her way to her room) swiftly stared at Lusannah who ran ahead of her and then disappeared down a hallway.

   'Weird.' They heard the blonde thought with clarity when it echoed all around them.

   "Precisely," Fran muttered.

   Cynthia gazed up at Fran and then at Kaitlynn's hand which was twisting her bedroom's doorknob in order to enter the room and then back at Fran.

   She beamed with excitement,"I WANNA TALK TO THE WEIRDO!"

   "No," Fran declared bluntly, shocking and hurting the child a little.

   He noticed and swooped down to playfully pinch her cheeks while being aware of his sharp claws. His tone changed from a Serious Sirius to a loving father,"Aw~, don't make that face~.  You are still a very valuable character in this book. It's just that some people wants you dead. No worries though, for I'll make sure that'll never happen to my wilting black rose~."

   This made Cynthia squeal and laugh because of his actions but halted when Fran released her and then turned his back at her.

   "I'll talk to the entity myself. You should stay here and watch over our cherished Kaitlynn." He spun around and then smiled sadistically at the child. "Do you think you can succeed one of your first tasks~?"

   "Yup-yup-yup!" Cynthia agreed and then laughed maniacally.

   Fran chuckled,"Good girl~."

   He went to fly towards the center of the poorly lit room. Instead of having a floating blue-and-purple orb like Happy Boy, Kaitlynn owned a hovering green-and-pink diamond as her mind's control system. It functions were similar to Happy Boy's core and the lighting within it was every single one of her powers (and one of them were to be used by Fran).

   "I'll be back~," Fran waved slightly at Cynthia and she did the same back at him.

   He wrapped a claw around the sides of the crystal and closed his eye. While slowly absorbing some of the energy within it, he first chose the power to teleport.