Chapter 26: The Ease Before-...

After walking through the two wooden entrance doors of the Orphanage, the gang had found themselves walking down the biggest hallway known in the home for Children and others. And the scenery pretty much amazed them.

   "Dude, this is like a wider version of our hallway," Lizzy whispered to Sheena who rolled her eyes.

   Sheena suddenly felt a light tug on her pants and she looked down to see Florince (who was the one who tugged the black fabric) and then a little upwards to see the adorable Barkley.

   "Yes?" She asked softly to the two.

   "Barkley and I are going back to the part of the forests where we found you and the others. We have to check if anyone had followed us or found clues of our existence there," explained Florince.

   Sheena only nodded and watched as the two went off and closed the doors behind them. The humanoid then proceeded to follow her friends, secretly hoping that Florince and Barkley would be alright on their own.

   Anyways, along the way, the few Caretakers and Children who had waited for them patiently nearby the entrance had introduced themselves.

   It started off with Chales (who reminded the mentally-tired-looking group that he and his followers wouldn't want to hurt them), and then it was Roselyn's turn, then Chip and Chap's (who Lizzy squeezed their cheeks because of how adorable they were. She even decided to carry Chip with an arm and hold Chap's hand with a free hand), and then the list went on to four more Caretakers.

   "I am Mill Stuart! Please make yourselves at home!" Mill beamed and appeared beside Ameenah who grinned back, giggling at the end.

   'I am Emotion. We hope you have a pleasant stay.' Emotion gestured to the group, using sign language.

   Mr.Hangilton felt chills run down his spine and widened his eyes in fear, remembering what Emotion had done to his fellow colleagues back in the mansion, and looked away from the man ahead of him.

   When Emotion noticed, he went towards Mr.Hangilton and personally gestured to the agent,'I know we've met in such a rough start but I hope you can forgive me.'

   "You killed them," Mr.Hangilton blurted out but made sure that the others (especially his brother) couldn't hear him for some reason, still not looking back at Emotion. "...but I guess I can forgive you. Since... you're at the 'good' side after all."

   Emotion just smiled.

   Back to the introductions, it was Lona's turn.

   "I'm Lona Misa," Lona said simply and a little quietly to the gang.

   "And I'm Encam!" Encam said with pride and floated above the gang. "I know you're all lookin' pretty nervous about movin' 'ere for a short while with us but don't worry. This place is safe! You can even say that you can-."

   He then raised his red thumbs and pointed his index fingers at the gang (but mainly at Mr.Trust) and winked with his right eye, saying,"-'TRUST' me!"

   Mr.Trust just gave him the 'really' look, pretty unamused. Though the joke did make Ameenah laugh and this made the demon laugh along with her. Although, she had to stop at one point because Hazim said so.