Chapter 38: Dining Room Settlement [1]

"Nah, I got it solved earlier," Aloysius spoke with slyness in his tone. "My friend,.. Ameenah NaiteKorVocalMania 9,.. she's in this building, is she not?"

   "O-oh! Yes, she is here in the orphanage! Including the other NaiteKorVocalManias! I apologise if you've expected to see them back in their mansion. We were all in for quite a few problems..!"

   "Apology accepted, Mr..?" Aloysius questioned a little at the end, pretending to not know the caretaker's name.

   "Oh, please just call me Chales!" Chales grinned. "In case if you were wondering, I own this orphanage for the sake of the injured, lost or abandoned ones. And Ameenah and her friends are an example of the hurt ones."

   "I know. Well, I know about Ameenah's pain and I was there when she experienced some of them! Pity her," Aloysius splendidly used his silver tongue at Chales.

   Chales' grin softened,"Well that's informative, Sir..?"

   "Aloysius, but that's just one of the names given to me by almost everyone I know and met~," the shadow creature smirked. "You might have heard of me by the creatures nearby or outta here. I am... The Puppeteer, The Chaos Creator of All, The Demon of--."

   "Are you lost?" Chales suddenly blurted out. "I mean, were you lost when you tried to get here?"

   "Hey! Are you listening?!" Aloysius barked, annoyed.

   Indeed, he thought of numerous questions that were most likely to be asked to him but he didn't expect a question so impossible. But then he suddenly remembered that Chales could be a figure of a worried father.

   "Sorry, but you just looked so hungry," Chales spoke with full honesty.

   "Seriously?!" Aloysius cried out in disbelief.

   Chales pointed out with his tentacle at the shadow being. "And you have a very bad bruise on your fist and knee that they're bleeding! Please come in so we can check on them. After your check-up with our fellow doctor, you are free to see your friend Ameenah!"

   Aloysius processed what was said to him before smiling,"Oh~, okay! You're too kind!"

   Chales smiled back and moved away a little so that Aloysius could enter the building. As Aloysius watched Chales close the doors behind them, he made a thought and sent it directly to Brian.

   'I'm in 'The Devil's Den', Senpai~.'

   "Good," was a mental reply heard from the C.I.A agent to the shadow being soon after. "Now keep going. There better not be any more surprises ahead of us."

   'I'll make sure~,' Aloysius reassured.

   BOOM!

   "Great heavens, you are very lucky to be here. It just started raining!" Chales exclaimed after a loud crack of thunder was heard.

   "Very lucky indeed," Aloysius muttered, trying to hold back his crazy giggles.

---

   "You acted like Lawrence... You're both weak... Always trying to make up excuses to get what you two wanted."