Chapter 9: We're All A Little Broken

'Finally!' Freddie thought as he looked around with a hand covering his button eye, preventing it from bleeding much. 'I'm in the original Dream void again! Yay!'

   "DollFace?" He called out, smiling brightly as he looked around.

   No reply. Just darkness. Like how he first entered his endless dark void. Confused and worried, his smile lowered a bit as he called out again. Still no reply from DollFace herself but by another.

   "Freddie?"

   Freddie spun around quickly and he was face to face with a teary eyed Lucas. He gasped and looked around. He wasn't in the void anymore but Lucas's room.

   Freddie recognised the broken glasses from the mirrors that Lucas would smash at the west corner of the room, the curse words that were formed by Lucas's fingers on the walls and broken furnitures everywhere caused by none other than Lucas.

   This was definitely Lucas's room. And the real Lucas in it. But how?

   "How did you get in here?" Lucas wiped his tears away and stood up slowly. "Ow."

   Freddie's eyes stared blankly at Lucas's arms. There were Long lines of bleeding cuts and other wounds and carved on the palm of his hand was a heart. This confused Freddie even more.

   'He's doing it again,' Freddie thought.

   The two boys stared in silence before Lucas asked again.

   "Well?" He asked as the tiny heart in his eye tore into half even more. "H-How did you get here without passing through my door?"

   Freddie looked around again. Was this a dream? Or a memory? One thing for sure, Freddie had never seen Lucas this broken before so it couldn't be a memory.

   "I-I... don't know," Freddie said nervously.

   His eyes widened when he realised that his voice sounded like echo. He stared down at himself, not covering his button eye anymore, and noticed that he looked quite translucent compared to Lucas.

   Lucas's eyes widened and asked,"Why's your right eye a button? Wh-why is it bleeding? Why do you sound different? Why do you look different?"

   He walked closer as Freddie backed away slowly. Freddie couldn't answer. "I-I..."

   When Lucas stopped, so did Freddie. The moonlight from the open window was their light that showed one another through the darkness.

   "Are you awake?" Lucas asked.

   Freddie hesitated before he shrugged. His smile looked Like it was going to disappear but not quite. Lucas breathed in.

   "Are you still alive?"

   Like before, Freddie shrugged and looked down as if guilty. Lucas thought again.

   "Okay," he said and tried to put a hand on Freddie's shoulder but it just went through his shoulder, shocking the both again.

   Very soon after, there were sounds of screaming and banging from downstairs. Lucas and Freddie stared at one another in fear before running towards the bedroom door, twisting and turning the doorknob repeatedly.

   "It won't open," the boys said in unison, surprising them again but not as much as before.