Chapter 15: In A Progress Of Bringing Back Memories [2]

"Hey, you!"

Happy Boy heard the voice and spun around to see a devil-look alike walking out from one of the hallway doors and pushing his way carefully through the crowd of orphans.

He was entirely bloody-red-neon except for his dark eyes and horns. His eyes were like short lines and his mouth (if opened) was triangular. His two horns on both sides of his head were in a white and black line pattern.

His voice sounded like a grown man but a bit high pitched and echoey. This made Happy Boy wonder if the devil entered an empty room and his voice would sent two times more echoes than usual.

Happy Boy then walked up towards the devil with Babylin still sleeping in his arms. She slept just a moment ago when he decided to walk around the hallways for a bit.

"Yes, sir?" Happy Boy asked politely as he looked down at the red devil.

'I've never seen you before,' he said in his head as if he was talking to the devil.

The devil who was two feet tall glared up at the one-button-for-an-eye male with his red arms crossed and his bare foot tapping the floor in a rhythmic pace.

Happy Boy noticed his actions and raised the brow above his good eye in concern. "Sir, is there something wro-."

"You're the newbie, right?" the devil interrupted him, eyeing him suspiciously up and down as if he knew Happy Boy was coming but was checking him just to see if he was the real one.

Happy Boy thought first before answering,"Well, actually, I was here before. It's just that I got out of here and got murdered and then I was reborn and-."

"Did Chales revived you?" The red asked, interrupting again.

Happy Boy shook his head a bit, careful not to hit his head on Babylin's which was resting on his right. "No. I-uh... I really don't know."

"You don't know?" The creature in front of him asked, surprised. "How can you not remember your own death?"

Happy Boy shrugged and guiltily looked down. "It's a real blur but I don't actually want to sink deep into that thought though."

The creature nodded and looked away. "I see."

He turned back to Freddie and stuck out a hand for him to shake. A kind smile grew on his face.

"I'm Encam, Son of the Devil Warrior: Dantelus. I'm a caretaker that came here after you since you don't even recognise me and I would say the same.

   "I'm sorry for interrupting ya twice. I just get suspicious about new people since I never recognise them and I don't want any of the children here to get hurt!"

 I just get suspicious about new people since I never recognise them and I don't want any of the children here to get hurt!"