Chapter 46: Transformation

(Well would you look at deez [nuts]?! Another chapter [after 2+ months]! :'D !)

   "H-Hey! Where are we—?!"

   "Have faith in me. Please."

   Happy Boy crooned a little from not being very sincere but bobbed his head otherwise. "Hmm, fine. Only because you're a good potato."

   Eliza ignored his childish grin and headed towards a door made of spruce. It produced an inscrutable dark aura from the small gap below it while dragging Happy Boy from behind by his wrist.

   Seeing where they were headed made Happy Boy a little timorous on the inside but he knew a being like Eliza would never bring an innocent towards harm. At least he thought he was innocent...

   "Getting chilly here, huh?" Happy Boy chuckled the mousiest, walking with Eliza through the dark mists once they were halfway to their destination.

   The dark-eyed girl did not speak until they arrived at the door.

   She confronted Happy Boy with her face showing nothing. "Walk in. I'll explain sooner or later."

   Not wanting to waste her time, the button-eyed boy turned the door's silver handle and pushed open the wooden entrance. His eyes expressing fear when they saw a queer figure at the center of the room. Their back facing him and Eliza.

  Surrounding them were strongly scented and lit candles, written foreign dialogues on the walls by an unreadable liquid guessed to have come from the cauldron in front of the being, and the cracked stone table that stood menacingly at the left-center of the place. It was big enough for two bodies to lay on it.

   "Nortius, we're here," Eliza called out for the entity and stood side by side with Happy Boy.

   The entity, assumed to be 'Nortius', sighed a little. "Took you long enough, Eliza. Hello again, Happy Boy."

   He turned a full hundred and eighty degrees to take a good look at Happy Boy, allowing the younger to see the older's looks distinctly.

   Nortius had black hair and pale skin, charcoal eyes and wore a black dress as a robe. He showed up pretty young but was a twenty-year-old.

  There no doubt about him being a spellcaster and in The Orphanage, his job was to teach The Junior Caretakers and other witch-crafters about spells and sorcery.

   "Iiiis there something on my face? Or body..?" Happy Boy cursed at himself (He mentally called himself stupid—) for feeling cold sweat on his forehead when Nortius was peculiarly staring at him.

   "Mmmno, just checking if you can handle it." Nortius straightened his back after bending it a little when studying Happy Boy and moved around, walking towards his cauldron.

   "'Handle it'? What's 'it'—?"

   Happy Boy may or may not have squeaked like a mouse when Nortius suddenly pointed a flaming purple hand directly at him. Its lighted form had its reflection on Nortius's intense and dark eyes.

   And then,..

   Snap! goes his fingers.

   "Chicken butt."

   Thump!

   "...Really?" Eliza gave 'that' look to Nortius and watched as he faced the stone table's direction with an unconscious Happy Boy in his arms.